Life is like a box of chocolates: You never know what you're gonna get.Forrest Gump Movie
- I would be unelectable. I'm an atheist. As we all know, that is something people won't accept.
- Response on being asked if he would like to be President - New York Times (27 June 2004)
- In private, you got what you got in public. He treated everyone the same. He was just a very warm man, and he worked hard to impress upon his children the value of kindness. He was biologically incapable of gossip. There was no smallness in him.
- On his father, Ronald Reagan - New York Times (27 June 2004)
- If you are going to call yourself a Christian—and I don't—then you have to ask yourself a fundamental question, and that is: Whom would Jesus torture? Whom would Jesus drag around on a dog's leash? How can Christians tolerate it? It is unconscionable. It has put our young men and women who are over there, fighting a war that they should not have been asked to fight— it has put them in greater danger.
- On the Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse - New York Times (27 June 2004)