If any person wish to be idle, let them fall in love.Ovid
- Natural selection is not evolution.
- First sentence of The Genetical Theory of Natural Selection (1930)
- The best causes tend to attract to their support the worst arguments.
- Statistical Methods and Scientific Inference (1956), p. 31.
- To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a postmortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
- Indian Statistical Congress, Sankhya, around 1938. (from )
- Natural selection is a mechanism for generating an exceedingly high degree of improbability.