The essence of life is finding something you really love and then making the daily experience worthwhile.Denis Waitley
- The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river.
- Can I finish? Can I finish?...Can I finish?
- Inventories can be managed, but people must be led.
- If someone as blessed as I am is not willing to clean out the barn, who will?
- If you can't stand a little sacrifice and you can't stand a trip across the desert with limited water, we're never going to straighten this country out.
- If you see a snake, just kill it - don't appoint a committee on snakes.
- Something in human nature causes us to start slacking off at our moment of greatest accomplishment. As you become successful, you will need a great deal of self-discipline not to lose your sense of balance, humility, and commitment.
- Eagles don't flock, you have to find them one at a time.
- Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown.
- You’re going to hear a giant sucking sound of jobs being pulled out of this country. [during a presidential debate (1992)]
- [John] McCain is the classic opportunist. He’s always reaching for attention and glory. After he came home, Carol [McCain's first wife] walked with a limp. So he threw her over for a poster girl with big money from Arizona. And the rest is history.
- Churcher, Sharon, "The wife U.S. Republican John McCain callously left behind", Daily Mail, June 8, 2008. URL accessed on 2008-06-09.