Brain cells create ideas. Stress kills brain cells. Stress is not a good idea.Richard Saunders
(Redirected from Rounders)
- Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then YOU are the sucker.
- We're not playing together. But then again, we're not playing against each other either. It's like the Nature Channel. You don't see piranhas eating each other, do you?
- Kid's got alligator blood.
- Worm: Just like the saying says, you know? In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the fucking rake.
- Mike: What the fuck are you talking about? What saying?
- Worm: I don't know. There oughta be one.
- [before inviting Worm up to his place]
- Mike: All right, listen. Things haven't been so smooth on the home front, so tone it down a little, all right?
- Worm: Tone down what, motherfucker?
- Mike: Great. Never mind.
- Mike: So, uh, Nick the Greek, what's with kiting my checks?
- Worm: I'm on empty.
- Mike: How much was the hooker?
- Worm: Mike, please! "Relaxation therapist!"
- Worm: Hey, you know what cheers me up when I'm feeling shitty?
- Mike: What?
- Worm: Rolled-up aces over kings.
- Mike: Is that right?
- Worm: Check-raising stupid tourists and taking huge pots off of them.
- Mike: Yeah?
- Worm: Stacks and towers of checks I can't even see over. Playing all-night, high-limit Hold'em at the Taj, "where the sand turns to gold."
- Mike: Fuck it, let's go.
- Worm: Don't tease me.
- Mike: Let's play some fucking cards!
- Mike: Fifteen grand in five days, I can do that. I've gone on rushes like that before.
- Worm: Uh, under optimum conditions with a bank roll. Maybe, maybe. But... what do you got on you?
- Mike: I got, like, 350.
- Worm: Nah, that's only 1200 between us. We mind as well play the fucking lotto.
- Worm: O yeah, one more thing, I got a feelin.'
- Mike: Yeah, what feeling is that?
- Worm: I know you know this feeling... You know this feeling very well... I mean, you got your table all set up, your fork, your knife, your A1 sauce...
- Mike and Worm: All you need is the steak.
- [last lines of the movie]
- Taxi Driver: Vegas, huh?
- Mike: Yep.
- Taxi Driver: Good luck, man.
- Mike: [narrating] People insist on calling it luck. [to taxi driver] Thanks. [narrating] First prize at the World Series of Poker is a million dollars. Does it have my name on it? I don't know. But I'm going to find out.
- You've got to play the hand you're dealt.
- In The Game Of Life... Play The Cards You're Dealt
- Trust everyone... but always cut the cards
- Pick a card, any card
- It's immoral to let a sucker keep his money