We come and go just like ripples in a stream.John V. Politis
Rufus Wainwright (born 22 July, 1973) is an established singer-songwriter, having released several albums, appeared in a few films, and collaborated with various other musicians in his career, which has spanned almost 10 years to date.
- "I am disappointed that my parents didn't give birth to a porn star."
- Rufus Wainwright: Did you see that there's a chiropractor here?
- Brian Rosenworcel: Yeah, I think I'll skip it. Did you set that up?
- Rufus Wainwright: I don't think so. I think she's from the venue. Did you know chiropractics are illegal in France?
- Brian Rosenworcel: No .... what else is illegal in France?
- Rufus Wainwright: I don't know. Murder?
- "Oh, what was that? Here try that again...this time toss it and say RUFUS! (Pause) That's always been my dream, to have girls to scream at me and be pummeled with roses." ~ Rufus in Cleveland, after a girl threw a rose on stage
- "I, like, would run into walls and stuff. I was INSANE." ~ Rufus on his childhood
- “I think it’s a good, alone-in-the-middle-of-the-day type of a record. Or very late at night, with a whole bunch of friends after you’ve sort of had your fill of today’s hollow culture, which can be fun. But if you get back home and you’re with some friends and you just want to realize that there’s more to life than Justin Timberlake, it’s a good record for that, too. The one time I don’t think would be very good is over dinner. I think it would make everybody regurgitate blood and then turn into werewolves.” on the best time to listen to his album Want Two
- "I feel that physical beauty connects to the depths of our animalistic selves, and I don't know whether that's good or bad or what. but it's very confusing."
- "It is a great tragedy that Rufus Wainwright is gay." (responding to screaming female fan)
- God, look at the flare on these pants. I feel like a Clydsdale...(long pause)...that's a horse." -November 1, 2005, Beacon Theatre, NYC
- "I'm doing a new song in this show. Actually, I sang it on the last tour... It's a song, it's called 'Between My Legs,' and it's going to be another of my HUMONGOUS hits. They're gonna love it in the Bible Belt! ...Beneath the Bible Belt! ...Hey, that's pretty good! Beneath the Bible Belt... *giggle* Er, below the Bible Belt! Eh, however it goes... *giggle* This song's about the end of the world. Okay, here we go..." ~Before "Between My Legs" in Northampton, MA on Nov. 4, 2005
- "Let the fairy within you fly!"
- "Martha Wainwright everybody, isn't she amazing? Have to let her our on stage or my mom will kill me" ~About performing with Martha, his sister, in Glastonbury 2007.
- "Tell me, do you really think you'll go to hell for having loved?" ~From the song "Going To a Town..."