Life moves on, whether we act as cowards or heroes. Life has no other discipline to impose, if we would but realize it, than to accept life unquestioningly. Everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everything we deny, denigrate or despise, serves to defeat us in the end. What seems nasty, painful, evil, can become a source of beauty, joy, and strength, if faced with an open mind. Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such.Henry Miller
- Directed by Gary Fleder. Based on the novel written by John Grisham.
- Gentlemen, trials are too important to be left up to juries.
- You think your average juror is King Solomon? No, he's a roofer with a mortgage. He wants to go home and sit in his Barcalounger and let the cable TV wash over him. And this man doesn't give a single, solitary droplet of shit about truth, justice or your American way.
- Everybody has a secret they don't want you to find.
- Ah, I hate Baptists almost as much as I hate Democrats.
- ...the thing of it is, I don't give a shit. What's more... I never have.
- ...you're losing me my jury!
- What do you hope to achieve if you win? You gonna bring Jacob Wood back to life? No. You just ensure that his wife goes to the cemetery in a better car, and that the heel that she snaps on the way to the graveside belongs to a $1,200 shoe. You get your name in the paper. But Jacob Wood and all the other gun violence victims remain rotting in their crypts.
- Nicholas Easter: [after anti-gun fanatic is dragged kicking and screaming from the courtroom during jury selection] Well, I guess that's lunch...
- Henry Jankle: ...I was under the impression that we'd already purchased ourselves a verdict.
- Judge Harkin: I'm not sure, but I believe I'm buying lunch.
- Doyle: It's a set-up.
- Frank Herrera: [On nominating Herman for foreman] But...
- Eddie Weese: But he's blind, man. So what? So is justice, right?
- Nicholas Easter: [talking about a dead friend] Listen, I dunno if it would be inappropriate, but do you think we could do something today to remember him?
- Rikki Coleman: We could say the Lord's Prayer.
- Nicholas Easter: Well, I don't want to ask people to pray...
- Millie Dupree: How about "God Bless America"?
- Nicholas Easter: [with more conviction] Oh, I couldn't ask people to sing!
- Nicholas Easter - John Cusack
- Rankin Fitch - Gene Hackman
- Wendell Rohr - Dustin Hoffman
- Durwood Cable - Bruce Davison
- Celeste Wood - Joanna Going
- Marlee - Rachel Weisz
- Herman Grimes - Gerry Bamman
- Judge Harkin - Bruce McGill
- Runaway Jury quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Runaway Jury at Rotten Tomatoes
- The official Runaway Jury site