Brain cells create ideas. Stress kills brain cells. Stress is not a good idea.Richard Saunders
(Redirected from SCUM Manifesto)
Valerie Solanas (9 April 1936–26 April 1988) was an American feminist. She is notable for writing The SCUM Manifesto and having shot Andy Warhol.
The SCUM Manifesto (1968)
- Life in this society being, at best, an utter bore and no aspect of society being at all relevant to women, there remains to civic-minded, responsible, thrill-seeking females only to overthrow the government, eliminate the money system, institute complete automation and destroy the male sex.
- Every man, deep down, knows he's a worthless piece of shit.
- Men expect women to adore what men shrink from in horror – themselves.
- A true community consists of individuals – not mere species members, not couples – respecting each other's individuality and privacy, at the same time interacting with each other mentally and emotionally – free spirits in free relation to each other and co-operating with each other to achieve common ends. Traditionalists say the basic unit of "society" is the family; "hippies" say the tribe; no-one says the individual.
- The male has the negative Midas touch, everything he touches turns to shit … he yearns to spend his time … wallowing in basic animal activities – eating, sleeping, shitting, relaxing, and being soothed by mama.
- In actual fact the female function is to explore, discover, intent, solve problems, crack jokes, make music – all with love. In other words, create a magic world.
- The male chromosome is incomplete. All men are walking abortions.