Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.Source Unknown
(Redirected from Sacks, Jonathan)
Sir Jonathan Sacks (born 1948) is the Chief Rabbi of the United Hebrew Congregations of the Commonwealth.
From Optimism to Hope (2004)
- If we are to cherish freedom, and to guard it, we must remember what the alternative is: the bread of affliction and the bitter herbs of slavery.
- Marriage, sanctified by the bond of fidelity, is the nearest life gets to a work of art.
- The twenty-first century is, and will remain, the Age of Insecurity.
The Authorised Daily Prayer Book (4th ed 2006)
- The first of the "request" prayers in the daily Amidah is a fractal. It replicates in miniature the structure of the Amidah as a whole.
- The meaning of the word "true" here is similar to the word Amen said after a blessing. It is an act of affirmation and ratification, reminding us that the Shema is less a prayer than a declaration of faith.