Sam Walter Foss
The person interested in success has to learn to view failure as a healthy, inevitable part of the process of getting to the top.Dr. Joyce Brothers
- Bring me men to match my mountains,
Bring me men to match my plains,
Men with empires in their purpose,
And new eras in their brains.
- "The Coming American", July 4, 1894.
- We felt the universe wuz safe, an' God wuz on his throne.
- The volunteer Organist.
- The sweet mellifluous milking of the cow.
- The Milking of the Cow.
- He had a startling genius, but somehow it did n't emerge;
Always on the evolution of things that would n't evolve;
Always verging toward some climax, but he never reached the verge;
Always nearing the solution of some theme he could not solve.
- The Inventor.
- There are purple grapes in the Land of Git-Thare.
- The Land of Git-Thare.
- I say the very things that make the greatest Stir
An' the most interestin' things, are things that did n't occur.
- Things that did n't occur.
- Strew gladness on the paths of men—
You will not pass this way again.
- I shall not pass this Way again. The title of this poem derives from a saying of William Penn.
- A hundred thousand men were led
By one calf near three centuries dead;
They followed still his crooked way
And lost a hundred years a day;
For thus such reverence is lent
To well-established precedent.
- The Calf-Path.