You never enjoy the world aright, till the sea itself floweth in your veins, till you are clothed with the heavens and crowned with the stars.Thomas Traherne
- Sam: “Dean...what the hell are you doing here!?!?”
- Sam: “What were you thinking shooting Casper in the face, you freak!”
- Sam: “When I told Dad I was scared of the thing in my closet, he gave me a .45”
- Sam: “You know, Sammy is a chubby 12-year-old...it’s Sam.”
Bloody Mary [1.5]
- Sam:[to Dean] “Look, you're my brother, and I'd die for you, but there are some things I need to keep to myself.”
- Dean: What'd you dream about?
- Sam: [after waking up from his dream about Jessica] Candy canes and lollipops.
- Sam: [sighs] I have these nightmares.
- Dean: I've noticed.
- Sam: And sometimes, they come true.
" Dean: [shocked pause] Come again.
- Dean: [to Sam] “Let me know if you see any dead people, Haley Joel.”
- Dean: [annoying Sam] “Hey Sam, who do you think is the hotter psychic? Patricia Arquette, Jennifer Love Hewitt, or you?”
- NB: Dean called Sam “Haley Joel” which meant Haley Joel Osment, the child actor from the movie The Sixth Sense – Osment’s character had the gift to see dead people.
- Sam: “Mom and Jess are gone. Dad is who knows where…
We're all that's left, and if we're going to see this through, we're going to do it together.”
Hell House [1.17]
- Sam: "If you pull that string one more time, I'm gonna kill you" (when Dean was pulling a string from a strange clock with a laughing man)
- Dean: You didn't
- Sam: Oh yes, I did. (Shows glue)
- Sam: "Okay, Sparky. And you know what? After we kill him, we can go to the Disneyland."
- Sam: "Dude, why do you always get to hang out with the girls?"
- Dean: "Because I'm older"
- Sam: "No, screw this! We settle this the old fashioned way" - they play rock-paper-scissors. Dean loses. - "Dean always with the scissors".
Folsom Prison Blues [2.19]
- Dean: (asking about Sam's distracting attention plan): "Are you sure about this?"
- Sam: "Pretty sure."
- Dean: "Considering the circumstances I'd like a little better than 'pretty sure'."
- Sam: "Okay... really pretty sure"
- Sam: "How are you doing?"
- Randall: "I'm 54 years old, mopping a floor over a crapper with bars in a window. How do you think I'm doing?"
- Sam: "All right, a bad ice-breaker. I'm Sam."
- Randall: "Randall."
- Sam: "Nice to meet you."
- Dean: (receiving letter from the lawyer): "Would you look at that? I'm freaking velvety smooth."
- Sam: "You wanna be open it up after, you know, you're done slapping yourself in the back?"
- Sam: "I thought we were screwed before."
- Dean: "Yeah,yeah, I know, we gotta go deep this time."
- Sam: "Deep? Dean, we should go to Yemen!"
- Dean: "I'm not sure I'm ready to go that deep."