Life has its own hidden forces which you can only discover by living.Soren Kierkegaard
Proverbs in the Samoan language
- Translation: From the direction of the wind.
- Meaning: Tell the story from the begining.
- Ua pona I vao, ‘ae liai’iina I ala.
- Translation: The fault was committed in the bush, but it is now talked about on the highway.
- Meaning: One cannot conceal problems forever.
- E lele le toloa, ae ma'au i le vai.
- Translation: (Toloa is a duck). A duck would fly all over, but will always return to the water.
- Meaning: One would leave home, but will always return.
- O le ala i le pule o le tautua
- Translation: A way to success is to serve.
- Meaning: Serving others will lead in the right path to success.
- Aua ne'i galo Afia i si ona vao
- Translation: Never forget the ever-waiting Afia in the forest
- Meaning: Always remember the people who were kind to you
- Afai e te iloa a'u i Si'ulepa, ou te iloa fo'i oe i Togamau
- Translation: If you remember me in Si'ulepa, I will also remember you in Togamau
- Meaning: An act of kindness given, shall be an act of kindness returned