Love makes the wildest spirit tame, and the tamest spirit wild.Alexis Delp
(Redirected from Samuel Goldwin)
- Include me out.
- Keep a stiff upper chin.
- They stayed away in droves.
- I'll give you a definite maybe.
- That’s our strongest weak point.
- A hospital is no place to be sick.
- Flashbacks are a thing of the past.
- The harder I work the luckier I get.
- God makes stars. I just produce them.
- Tell them to put more life into dying.
- Our comedies are not to be laughed at.
- What we need now is some new, fresh clichés.
- If I look confused it’s because I’m thinking.
- A bachelor’s life is no life for a single man.
- When I want your opinion I will give it to you.
- A wide screen just makes a bad film twice as bad.
- Never make forecasts, especially about the future.
- Give me a smart idiot over a stupid genius any day.
- It’s absolutely impossible, but it has possibilities.
- Every director bites the hand that lays the golden egg.
- A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.
- Don’t worry about the war. It’s all over but the shooting.
- Go see it and see for yourself why you shouldn’t go see it.
- Spare no expense to make everything as economical as possible.
- If I could drop dead right now, I'd be the happiest man alive.
- [A movie] should start with an earthquake and build to a climax.
- Don’t pay any attention to the critics — don’t even ignore them.
- Why did you name him Sam? Every Tom, Dick and Harry is named Sam!
- Put it out of your mind. In no time, it will be a forgotten memory.
- Anyone who would go to a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined!
- I never put on a pair of shoes until I’ve worn them at least five years.
- Give me a couple of years, and I’ll make that actress an overnight success.
- Pictures are for entertainment, messages should be delivered by Western Union.
- If I were in this business only for the business, I wouldn’t be in this business.
- I hate a man who always says yes to me. When I say no I like a man who also says no.
- From success you get a lot of things, but not that great inside thing that love brings you.
- I don’t want any yes-men around me. I want everyone to tell the truth – even though it costs him his job.
- Why should people go out and pay to see bad movies when they can stay home and see bad television for nothing.