Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.Guillaume Apollinaire
- The pure, the beautiful, the bright,
That stirred our hearts in youth,
The impulse to a wordless prayer,
The dreams of love and truth,
The longings after something lost,
The spirit’s yearning cry,
The strivings after better hopes,—
These things can never die.
- Poem: Things that never die, reported in Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, 10th ed. (1919).
- I send thee pansies while the year is young,
Yellow as sunshine, purple as the night;
Flowers of remembrance, ever fondly sung
By all the chiefest of the Sons of Light.
- Poem: Pansies
- And a proverb haunts my mind
As a spell is cast,
"The mill cannot grind
With the water that is past."
- Poem: Lesson of the Water-Mill
- But the waiting time, my brothers,
Is the hardest time of all.
- Psalms of Life: The Hardest Time of All