Shaun Roger White (born September 3, 1986) is an American professional Olympic-gold winning snowboarder and skateboarder based in Carlsbad, California. White has accumulated an impressive competition record in both sports, and has appeared in a number of media programs and video games. He has been a notable competitor in the extreme-sports community since he was about twelve years old.
- It was so gnarly, dude, and I'd been on his show a couple times, so I basically figured we were homies. I yelled over to him, and I was like, 'Yo, Reg, what up?' And then get this: He called me the Red Onion! Dude, it was so epic. It was totally rad."
- This one summer I was hired by this rich dude to check out an island for him. It was nice and tropical, but it was full of dinosaurs. Then the power went out and all these dinosaurs broke out of their cages. They were eating and killing everyone, causing a whole bunch of trouble, so I took off. That guy still owes me some money.
- (2005). Shaun White interview www.burton.com (accessed July 28, 2006)
- When asked what his worst summer job was
- I'm talkin about Mountain Dews, baby!
- when asked if he was drinking alcohol on an airplane in an interview
- My first set up was a 2x4 with plastic fins on the bottom. My parents would tow me behind a car in the middle of the street. It was sick until they towed me into a pothole and I fell into the sewers. But then rat people adopted me, so it was cool.