Short Circuit is a 1986 comedy science fiction film about a robot, #5, who short circuits during a thunderstorm and escapes from Nova Robotics. He has been designed as a weapon, and his designer Newton Crosby (Steve Guttenberg) and the others at Nova are concerned he might be dangerous. Meanwhile, #5 is being protected by Stephanie Speck (Ally Sheedy).
- #5 is alive!
- Need input!
- Beautiful Stephanie!
- No disassemble!
- Is wrong! Incorrect! Newton Crosby, PhD not know this?
- No "shit"! Where see "shit"?
- Nice software Stephanie!
- [Speaking to the head guy at Nova] Oh, it's ok, go on, get back to your nuclear warheads.
- Come out here Mr. Scummo!
- Originally I had non-military purposes in mind. I designed it as a marital aid.
- Maybe we have created another Frankfurter's monster!
- [To Crosby] Hi Honey! What is for dinner?
- [To Stephanie] Bye-bye goofy lady! I had fun repeatedly throwing you to the ground.
- I am standing here beside myself!
- Schroeder: [Speaking about #5] Maybe it's pissed off.
- Newton: Schroeder, it's a machine. It doesn't get pissed off. It doesn't get happy, it doesn't get sad, it doesn't laugh at your jokes...
- Ben and Newton: [In unison] It just runs programs!
- Newton Crosby: Where are you from, anyway?
- Ben Jabituya: Bakersfield, originally.
- Newton Crosby: No, I mean your ancestors.
- Ben Jabituya: Oh, them. Pittsburgh.
- Howard Marner: What if it goes out and melts down a bus load of nuns? How would you like to write the headline on that one?
- Benjamin Jabituya: Nun soup?
- Marner: Great, so instead of 11 million dollars on the loose, we'll have 22.
- Ben: Also we are needing gas money.
- Wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?
- Something wonderful has happened...No. 5 is alive.