Every man's life is a fairy tale written by God's finger.Hans Christian Anderson
In humans, shyness is a feeling of insecurity that certain people experience while being among others, talking with others, asking favors of others, etc.
- "Even the sun blushes when it sinks." - Leonid S. Sukhorukov
- "He was not handsome, and his manners required intimacy to make them pleasing. He was too diffident to do justice to himself; but when his natural shyness was overcome, his behaviour gave every indication of an open, affectionate heart." - Sense and Sensibility (1811) Jane Austen
- "He's not an asshole, he's just shy. I think you have shy/asshole confusion, my friend."
- "Shyness has a strange element of narcissism, a belief that how we look, how we perform, is truly important to other people." - Andre Dubus
- "The shy man does have some slight revenge upon society for the torture it inflicts upon him. He is able, to a certain extent, to communicate his misery. He frightens other people as much as they frighten him. He acts like a damper upon the whole room, and the most jovial spirits become, in his presence, depressed and nervous." - Jerome K. Jerome