- On hair loss: I have little hair because my brain is so big it pushes the hair out
- In the wake of 11 September:
- We must be aware of the superiority of our civilisation, a system that has guaranteed well-being, respect for human rights and - in contrast with Islamic countries - respect for religious and political rights, a system that has as its value understanding of diversity and tolerance ... The West will continue to conquer peoples, even if it means a confrontation with another civilisation, Islam, firmly entrenched where it was 1,400 years ago.
- His response to worldwide condemnation of the above speech on 9/11:
- They have tried to hang me on an isolated word, taken out of context from my whole speech ... I did not say anything against the Islamic civilisation... It's the work of some people in the Italian leftist press who wanted to tarnish my image and destroy my long-standing relations with Arabs and Muslims.
- I am absolutely sure to be the most democratic man ever became Prime Minister in Italy. (ASCA, January 25, 2002)
- I always win, I'm cursed to win. (ANSA, May 24, 2003)
- I know in Italy there is a producer, producing a film on Nazi concentration camps. I will suggest you for the role of kapo. You would be perfect for that role (said to German MEP Martin Schulz, European Parliament, July 2, 2003)
- I'm a gentleman, a truthful person, a sir of absolute morality. (From "La Repubblica", July 13, 2003)
- About magistrates he said: "To do that kind of job you must be mentally disturbed. If they do that kind of job is because they are anthropologically different from the other human beings" (ANSA, September 5, 2003)
- Mussolini never killed anyone, he just sent dissenters abroad for vacation. (From La voce di Rimini, September 11, 2003)
- At the Brussels summit, at the end of Italy's EU presidency, in December 2003: "Let's talk about football and women." (Turning to four-times-married German Chancellor, Gerhard Schroeder.) "Gerhard, why don't you start?"
- Foreign press is usually leftist and describes us differently from what we really are. (Speech to the association Azzurri nel mondo, Lugano, October 24, 2004)
-  Speaking in front of the commander of the special italian police corp, Guardia di Finanza, whose job is to fight financial frauds and tax evasion , he said "There is a natural right that says that when the state asks you for a third of what you earned through back-breaking work, this seems to you a reasonable demand and you give in. If the state asks you for more, or much more, then it is a clear abuse against you and then you try to find evasive ways to make you feel coherent to your intimate sense of morality and it doesn't make you feel ethically guilty". (November 11, 2004)
- If the left wing was to rule, the result would be misery, terror and death, like it happens in every place where communism rules. (from Corriere della Sera, January 17, 2005)
- The left has always been on the wrong side. They were against Hitler, but not against Stalin. (newspaper La Repubblica, February 3, 2005)
-  Asked to explain how Italy managed to get the support of its biggest competitor over the EU Food Authority dispute, he said "I used all my playboy skills and courted the Finnish President." (at the opening of the European Food Authority in Parma, June 21, 2005; the Finnish President in question was Tarja Halonen)
- We must fight against tax evasion but also defend the rights of tax evaders, or companies that make mistakes
- By definition, as a Prime Minister I cannot be a liar. (Italian Radio National Broadcast, January 18 2006)
- Speaking at his party's convention in Sardinia on January 28, 2006, "Thank you dear Father Massimiliano, I'll try not to let you down and I promise you two and a half months of complete sexual abstinence until April 9 [election]". (Daily Il Giornale, January 29, 2006)
- Only Napoleon did more than I have done. But I am definitely taller. (Reuters, February 9, 2006)
- Churchill liberated us from the Nazis, Silvio Berlusconi is liberating us from communists. (Speech in Ancona, February 11, 2006)
- I'm the Jesus Christ of politics, I am a patient victim, I put up with everyone, I sacrifice myself for everyone. (Reuters, February 12, 2006)
- Berlusconi's advice to Italians trying to escape poverty: "Do it my way and earn more money". (an interview with Italian Telelombardia, March 6, 2006)
- The April 9th/10th vote is like that one of 1948, when democratic forces rejected the communist offensive and firmly moved the Country to the West, towards democracy and its values. ("Affari Italiani" magazine, April 7, 2006).
- On his playboy image: I'll try not to let you down and I promise you two and a half months of complete sexual abstinence until election day
- On himself at the launch of the 2006 campaign: I am the Jesus Christ of politics. I am a patient victim, I sacrifice myself for everyone (2006)
- I have Italian citizens in too good consideration to think that there are so many voting assholes (literally: testicles) around which could vote against their own interests. I apologize for the rude but effective language (Confcommercio meeting in Rome, April 4, 2006)
- Go and read the black book on communism and you'll find that under Mao's China they didn't eat babies but they boiled them to fertilise the fields. (Naples Rally, March 28, 2006)
- On previous comments They're not gaffes. I've made no gaffes.
- On women: The women of the Right are certainly the most beautiful ... the Left has no taste, not even when it comes to women
- On women: Ladies, I have a mission for you on election day: cook! Sweet and exquisite things, please. Bring them to the polling station to be examined. The boldest can try making a tart, the most skilful, profiteroles
- On ageing: It's the fate of the lion in winter: all his billions, all his television channels cannot rescue him from the mockery that rains down on the aged lecher, his powers visibly waning.
- On the US president-elect to Dmitri Medwedjew: "Barack Obama being young, handsome and sun-tanned is going to get along with you swimmingly" 
- Literally in Italian: "Ho detto a Medvedev che Obama ha tutto per andare d'accordo con lui: è giovane, bello e anche abbronzato"
- A few days before the elections, Berlusconi remembers one of his previous plans: submit judges at regular times to psychiatric examinations .
Under the previous government of Berlusconi, there were plans to change the juridical system radically and the above suggestion was one of the hot topics. "Info"
- The journalist Enzo Biagi left the RAI out of free will and that he did it for the money.
- Enzo Biagi was one of the journalists that had to leave the RAI in 2002 after the so-called Diktat Bulgaro, in which he was accused by Berlusconi to make a criminal use of television.
- Vittorio Mangano ia a hero because he never confessed under pressure compromising things about Berlusconi or Dell’Utri
- Berlusconi confirms the message of Senator Marcello Dell'Utri about the live sentenced mafia-member Vittorio Mangano.
- Silvio Berlusconi says that, in case of a possible victory, the as neutral regarded president Napolitano will have to make place for somebody of his coalition.
- Silvio Berlusconi says that the fascist simpaties of Ciarrapico are details and that this man is useful to his party because he owns journals and magazines.
- Silvio Berlusconi gets a lot of critics because the business man and newspaper owner "Ciarrapico" , who is part of Berlusconi’s party, is a convinced fascist and brings until now very proudly the fascist greetings. Guiseppe Ciarrapico is not only an editor of very dubious press releases but has been convicted for numerous crimes.
- Silvio Berlusconi assures a few weeks before the elections that there is no place in his coalition for persons with a criminal past or with mafia connections (an exception is made for political crimes)
Guiseppe Ciarrapico, as well as Marcello Dell’Utri, and many others with a criminal past and accused of mafia connections are now senators in the Italian parliament…
- "Did I say This?", The Observer, 2008-04-20. URL accessed on 2008-11-06.
- "In quotes: Berlusconi in his own words", BBC, 2005-05-02. URL accessed on 2008-11-06.
- "Silvio Berlusconi vs MEP Martin Schulz; relive the moment", youtube.com, 2008-04-16. URL accessed on 2008-11-06.
- Hooper, John. "Berlusconi's boundless modesty: first it's Napoleon, now he's Jesus", The Guardian, 2006-02-13. URL accessed on 2008-11-06.
- "Italy's Berlusconi hails "suntanned" Obama", Reuters, 2008-11-06. URL accessed on 2008-11-06.
- "Berlusconi faces race row as he calls America's first black president 'suntanned'", Mail on Sunday, 2008-11-06. URL accessed on 2008-11-06.
- "Italy's Berlusconi hails "suntanned" Obama", Swiss Info, 2008-11-06. URL accessed on 2008-11-06.
- "Italy PM calls Obama 'tanned'", CNN Video, 2008-11-06. URL accessed on 2008-11-06.
- "Italy PM calls Obama 'tanned'", RAINEWS24, 2008-11-06. URL accessed on 2008-11-08.
- "Veteran Italian journalist Enzo Biagi, 87, dies in Milan", Herald Tribune, 2007-11-06. URL accessed on 2008-11-07.
- "Berlusconi: "Perizie per i pm" Dell'Utri: "Mangano un eroe"", Repubblica.it, 2007-11-06. URL accessed on 2008-11-07.