Spice World is a 1996 film about the Spice Girls and their entourage (mostly fictional characters) - manager Clifford, his assistant Deborah, filmmaker Piers (who is trying to shoot a documentary on "the real Spice Girls") and others in their everyday life.
Emma aka Baby Spice
- You know, I'm always gonna be known as Baby Spice, you know the sweet and innocent one... even when I'm... 30!
- And I don't want to me nice all the time. Maybe I could slap somebody, like Victoria here.
Victoria aka Posh Spice
- When you know exactly what we're supposed to be doing. Will somebody please let me know?"
- [after falling into the River Thames] This dress is dry clean only, Melanie!
- [Having trouble driving the Spice Bus] Bloody Sunday drivers! It's only Saturday!
Mel B. aka Scary Spice
- [as they are talking about being stereotyped] You know, I think it's the same with fish
[points out fish in tank] I mean, look at this, you've got the spotty one, that's wacky. You've got the fluffy one, that's cute And then you have this... ugly loser one, that reminds me of my ex boyfriend, Steven. Eeuuuh...
Geri aka Ginger Spice
- Boys, boys! Calm down! Haven't you ever heard of the word "compromisation"?
- I hope you know what you're doing, cos if you're looking for a fight. you're gonna lose!
- The headless chicken can only know where he's been. He can't see where he's going.
- When the rabbit of chaos is pursued by the ferret of disorder through the fields of anarchy, it is time to hang your pants on the hook of darkness. Whether they're clean or not.
- I love you like a wildebeast loves...Five lionesses chewing on its legs.
- They're hot, Chief! They've got fire in their eyes, hunger in their bellies... and great big shoes on their feet!
- Judge: Emma, Victoria, Melanie C., Melanie B., Geri. You've been charged with releasing a single that is by no means as kicking as your previous records. Nor does it have such a phat bass line. You are sentenced to having your next record enter the charts at 171 and having it fall completely out the following week.
- Martin Barnfield: Act? Did anyone care if Marilyn Monroe could act? All they cared was, "Was she in focus?"
- Musical Director: Okay, girls, that was absolutely perfect without... really being any good at all.
- Victoria: It's always the same. I never know what to wear.
- Mel C: It must be so hard for you, Victoria. I mean, having to decide whether to wear the little Gucci dress, the little Gucci dress, or... the little Gucci dress!
- Victoria: Exactly.
- Emma: I know, why don't you wear the little Gucci dress?
- Victoria: Good idea. Thanks, Em.
- Kevin McMaxford: Something's happening to me. What is it?
- Brian: You're smiling, sir.
- Geri: Check!
- Mel B: What d'you mean "check"?
- Geri: I mean, check; my bishop's got your king.
- Mel B: Where?
- Geri: There! You've either got to move it in front, or move it out of the way.
- Mel B: Well I'll move that fairground horse to there. Sort that out!
- Geri: You can't do that!
- Mel B: Sez who?
- Geri: Says Mr. Chess! It's been in the rules for thousands of years!
- Mel B: Well I'm gonna break the rules and set this little fairground horse free amongst all these little square fields, like that. There!
- Geri: I'm gonna slap you in a minute!
- Emma: But we can't dance like that.
- Mr. Step: I know. I've seen your videos! Hahahahahaha!
- Clifford: [after they have a fall into the Thames] Look at this - front page news again. Suppose the whole lot you had been drowned?
- Geri: Well we weren't though, were we?
- Victoria: Speak for yourself.
- Clifford: What do you think you were doing, going off like that?
- Mel B: We were just having fun!
- Clifford: What?!
- Emma: You know, fun? Like, "Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!"
- Spice Girls: We're the Spice Girls, yes indeed. Just Girl Power is all we need. We know how we got this far...
- Geri: Strength and courage and a Wonderbra!
- Spice Girls: Would this work with only one?
- Emma: Just with me I have no fun.
- Spice Girls: Would this work with only two?
- Mel B: We need more for what we do.
- Spice Girls: Would this work with only three?
- Mel C: Three's a crowd, bad company.
- Spice Girls: Would this work with only four?
- Victoria: No way, girl, we need one more!
- Spice Girls: Listen up, take my advice - we need five for the power of Spice. Give it up, give it out, take a stand, scream and shout! One, two, three, four, five - Spice Girls!One, two, three, four, five - Spice Girls!
- Nicola: Is it a boy or a girl?
- Baby: It's a beetroot!
- Geri: Did you *know*, that the largest fish ever is the manta ray?
- Victoria: And then you've got the little ginger one, which is full of useless information, about manta rays!
- They perform for royalty and entertain millions the world over. But now, they're making a movie.
- You say you want a revolution?
- They Don't Just Sing!
- Five girls. Five days. One rocking world!