Life is an uphill business for the guy who's not on the level.John Welsh
- Come, gentle Spring! ethereal mildness, come.
- James Thomson, Spring in The Seasons
- The flowers anew returning seasons bring,
But beauty faded has no second spring.
- Ambrose Philips, Pastoral
- If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?
- Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ode to the West Wind
- The year's at the spring,
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hill-side's dew-pearl'd;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;God's in His heaven--
All's right with the world !
- Robert Browning, Pippa's Song in Pippa Passes
- The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.
- Spring is when life's alive in everything
- Listen, can you hear it? Spring's sweet cantata. The strains of grass pushing through the snow. The song of buds swelling on the vine. The tender timpani of a baby robin's heart. Spring.
- Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider, Northern Exposure, Wake Up Call, 1992
- To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring.
- An optimist is the human personification of spring.
- Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart.
- O, how this spring of love resembleth The uncertain glory of an April day!
- William Shakespeare, The Two Gentlemen of Verona, Act 1 scene 3
- Love and flowers do not survive but one spring.
- In the landscape of spring, there is neither better nor worse. The flowering branches grow naturally, some long, some short. Zen saying
- Spring is nature's way of saying "let's party!" Robin Williams