Stargate is a 1994 film that follows an Egyptologist named Daniel Jackson, who joins a group of military specialists in deciphering and activating a device found in Egypt in the 20s. The device, they discover, is called a Stargate, and is a transportation device able to take the team to another world on the other side of the known universe.
Col. Jonathan "Jack" O'Neil
- No one should ever have to bury their own child.
- [Asking the Abydonians if they've seen Daniel anywhere] I don't suppose the word "dweeb" means anything to you guys.
- Give my regards to King Tut, asshole.
- [Last line of the film] I'll be seeing you around... Doctor Jackson.
- [An enemy pulls off his hood, revealing him to a room full of enemies, he winks] How ya doin'? [Shoots the enemy several times]
Dr. Daniel Jackson
- [The audience abruptly and indignantly files out of Dr. Jackson's lecture.] Is there a lunch or something...?
- [Dr. Jackson is correcting other scientists' translations from the cover stone.] It's not "Door to Heaven", it's... "STARGATE".
- (On a recording of his notes about the symbols after two weeks of no progress) I'm never gonna get paid.
- (to Col. O'Neill) I don't want to die. And your men don't want to die, and these people certainly don't want to die. It's a shame you're in such a hurry to.
- Here, look at this. It says, "A traveler from distant stars escaped from a dying world, looking for a way to extend his own life. His body decaying and weak, he couldn't prevent his own demise." Apparently his whole species was becoming extinct. So he traveled or searched the galaxies, looking for a way to cheat death. Look here: "He came to a world rich with life, where he encountered a primitive race." Humans, heh. A species which with all his powers and knowledge he'd maintain indefinitely. He realized, within a human body, he had a chance for a new life. Now, apparently he found a young boy. It says, "As the frightened villagers ran, night became day. Curious and without fear, he walked towards the light." Ra took him and possessed his body, like some kind of a... parasite looking for a host. Inhabiting this human form, he appointed himself ruler. He used the Stargate to bring thousands of people here to this planet as workers... for the mines. (...) Now, something happened back on Earth. A rebellion or uprising and the Stargate was buried there. Fearful of a rebellion here, Ra outlawed reading and writing. He didn't want the people to remember the truth...
- General West: [to Daniel] So, you think you've solved in 14 days what they couldn't solve in two years?
- Colonel O'Neil: I wouldn't feed that thing.
- Daniel: It's got a harness, it's domesticated.
- [Daniel pats the animal, which starts and runs off, dragging Daniel through the desert.]
- [Daniel and Sha'uri are both speaking in Sha'uri's native language.]
- Daniel: Married?
- Sha'uri: Don't worry, I didn't tell them.
- Daniel: Tell them what?
- Sha'uri: That... that you didn't want me.
- [Daniel leans over and kisses Sha'uri]
- Catherine: Why are you here, Colonel?
- O'Neil: I'm here in case you succeed.
- Soldier: I don't understand, why don't we just turn the gate back on ourselves?
- Soldier 2: Yeah, how hard it can be?
- Soldier 3: That would be great! Yeah, we could turn the thing in the wrong order and materialize in the vacuum of outer space. Do you have any idea how many possible combinations there are on that thing?
- Soldier 4: No. How many?
- Soldier 3: Shut up. Hmm? (everybody laughs)
- Feretti: I can't believe we're stuck here.
- Soldier: Don't be such a doomsayer, Feretti!
- Soldier 2: Yeah, give it a rest!
- Brown: Yes, please! If we're not back soon, they'll just turn it back on from the other side, no?
- Feretti: It doesn't work that way. You see, if we don't turn the gate on from here, we're screwed! So what I'm tellin' you guys, we're not goin' anywhere!
- O'Neil: You job here is to realign the Stargate. Can you do that or not?
- Daniel: I can't.
- O'Neil: You can't or you won't?
- Daniel: I can decipher the symbols on the Stargate but I need an order of alignment. Those coordinates were marked on tablets back on Earth, there's must be something like that here. I just need to find it.
(O'Neil walks away, visibly upset)
- Kawalsky: "Find it"? What do you mean "find it"? You didn't say about finding anything.
- Daniel: Well, I assumed the tablet would be here, right here.
- O'Neil: You assumed?
- Kawalsky: YOU'RE A LYING SON OF A BITCH! (knocks Daniel over) YOU DIDN'T SAY A WORD ABOUT FINDING ANYTHING!
- O'Neil: Kawalsky, set up a base camp down here. Organize our supplies.
- Kawalsky: Sir-
- O'Neil: You've got your orders.
(two soldiers and several natives is pinned down by aircraft)
- Feretti: We're dead!
- Kawalsky: Quit talkin' like that!
- Feretti: What are we gonna do?!
- Kawalsky: Cover me! (runs out into the open and immediately gets under fire)
- Feretti: COVER YOU?!?
- It Will Take You A Million Light Years From Home
- Sealed and buried for all time is the key to mankind's future.
- It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?
- Kurt Russell - Col. Jonathan "Jack" O'Neil
- James Spader - Dr. Daniel Jackson
- Viveca Lindfors - Catherine Langford, Ph.D.
- Leon Rippy - General West
- John Diehl - Lieutenant Kawalsky
- Mili Avital - Sha'uri
- Alexis Cruz - Skaara
- Erick Avari - 'Good Father' Kasuf
- Jaye Davidson - Ra
- Carlos Lauchu - Anubis
- Djimon Hounsou - Horus
- French Stewart - Lieutenant Ferretti
- Gianin Loffler - Nabeh
- Christopher John Fields - Freeman
- Derek Webster - Brown