When I stand before thee at the day's end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.Rabindranath Tagore
This article is for quotes about stars, or which make prominent mention of stars.
- Follow the arc to Arcturus,
and on to Spica go;
Then turn northwest to Regulus,
the foot of the lion, Leo.
- Anonymous astronomer's mnemonic - quoted by Timothy Ferris, Seeing in the Dark, 2002
- Two men look out a window:
One sees mud, the other sees stars.
- For my part, I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.
- If people sat outside and looked at the stars every night, I'll bet they'd live a lot differently.
- If the stars should appear but one night every thousand years how man would marvel and stare.
- I would not creep along the coast but steer
Out in mid-sea, by guidance of the stars.
- Love knows not distance; it hath no continent; its eyes are for the stars...
- Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future.
- Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.
- Attributed to a Les Brown.
- We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- The stars are the street lights of eternity.
- Rosicrucian proverb