Steven Spielberg (born on December 18, 1946) is an American film director and producer. A three-time Academy Award winner, Spielberg is also the most financially successful motion picture director of all time.
- The most expensive habit in the world is celluloid, not heroin, and I need a fix every few years.
- Time, 1979\
- I dream for a living.
- Time (July 15, 1985)
- Godzilla was the most masterful of all dinosaur movies because it made you believe it was really happening.
- The Making of Jurassic Park (Pg. 15)
- Am I allowed to say I really wanted this?
- On winning the Best Director Oscar for Saving Private Ryan
- Before I go off and direct a movie I always look at 4 films. They tend to be: Seven Samurai, Lawrence of Arabia, It's a Wonderful Life, and The Searchers.
- Failure is inevitable. Success is elusive.
- I always like to think of the audience when I am directing. Because I am the audience.
- I don't drink coffee. I've never had a cup of coffee in my entire life; that's something you probably don't know about me. I've hated the taste since I was a kid.
- I have made almost as many films in England as I have in America. I will come back to England again and again.
- I think the real indicator that games have become a storytelling art form, will be when somebody confesses that they cried at level 17.
- I would love to see the British film industry get back on its feet again.
- I'd rather direct than produce. Any day. And twice on Sunday.
- Once a month the sky falls on my head, I come to, and I see another movie I want to make.
- The older I get, the more I look at movies as a moving miracle.
- Why pay a dollar for a bookmark? Why not use the dollar for a bookmark?