Strange Days (film)
There's night and day, brother, both sweet things; sun, moon, and stars, brother, all sweet things; there's likewise a wind on the heath. Life is very sweet, brother; who would wish to die?George Borrow
anything is possible. nothing is forbidden. (taglines)
- Have you ever jacked in? Have you ever wire tripped? No? [smirk] A virgin brain. Well, we're gonna start you off right. This isn't like "TV only better", this is life. Yeah, this is a piece of somebody's life. Pure and uncut, straight from the cerebral cortex. You're there! You're doing it, seeing it, hearing-hearing it. You're feeling it. It's about the stuff you can't have, right? Like running into a liquor store with a .357 magnum in your hand, feeling the adrenaline pumping through your veins. I can make it happen. I can get you anything you want. Ya just have to talk to me. Talk to me, talk to me, talk to me, talk to me. I am your priest. I am your shrink. I am your main connection to the switchboard of souls. I'm the magic man. The Santa Claus of the subconscious. You say it. You even think it. You can have it! Are we beginning to see the possibilities here? You know you want it. -- (Teaser version of Lenny's sales pitch)
- HOST: So Dan, are you looking forward to the New Year?
DAN: Not really. I mean what's the point? Nothing changes New Years day. The economy sucks, gas is over three bucks a gallon, fifth grade kids are shooting each other at recess... the whole thing sucks, right? So what the hell are we celebrating?
Lornette 'Mace' Mason
- This is real time! Time to get real!
- You know one of the ways that movies are still better than playback? 'cause the music comes up, there's credits, and you always know when it's over. [Turns to Lenny] It's over!
- new year's eve 1999. anything is possible. nothing is forbidden.
- Ralph Fiennes as Lenny Nero
- Angela Bassett as Lornette 'Mace' Mason
- Juliette Lewis as Faith Justin
- Tom Sizemore as Max Peltier
- Michael Wincott as Philo Gant
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Burton Steckler
- Glenn Plummer as Jeriko One
- Brigitte Bako as Iris