What will not woman, gentle woman dare; when strong affection stirs her spirit up?Robert Southey
Suicide is the act of killing oneself.
- The Wood of Suicides has changed since my last visit to Hell. I remember it as a tiny grove. Now it resembles a forest.
- There are a great many ways to commit suicide you know.
- Stephen King, The Stand (Uncut), chapter 55, p. 799, unidentified edition
- Suicide kills two people. That's what it's for.
- Referring to the guilt and grief close surviving dependents feel after a suicide
- Arthur Miller, After the Fall
- Suicide is not a solution / But it remains an excellent option
- We cannot tear out a single page from our life, but we can throw the whole book into the fire.
- George Sand, Mauprat (1837)
- The man, who in a fit of melancholy, kills himself today, would have wished to live had he waited a week.
- Voltaire, "Cato", Philisophical Dictionary, 1764
- Suicide is a private thing.
- Heather McNamara, Heathers
- When Goblins Kill themselves it's called stupidity. When Humans do it, it's called heroism.
- Shock Troopers, Magic: The Gathering
- Yeah. I'm dead, but who can hear me anyway.
- Nothing, but death.
- Jane Austen, when asked by her sister, Cassandra, if there was anything she wanted
- I tried to commit suicide by sticking my head in the oven, but there was a cake in it.
- In the midst of winter, I found there was within me, an invincible summer.
- Judging whether life is or is not worth living amounts to answering the fundamental question of philosophy. All the rest — whether or not the world has three dimensions, whether the mind has nine or twelve categories — comes afterward. These are games; one must first answer.
- Albert Camus from The Myth of Sisyphus
- And now, in keeping with Channel 40's policy of always bringing you the latest in blood and guts, in living color, you're about to see another first — an attempted suicide.
- To my friends: My work is done. Why wait?
- George Eastman, suicide note
- The great thing about suicide is that it's not one of those things you have to do now or you lose your chance. I mean, you can always do it later.
- If you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove.
- It is good to be a cynic — it is better to be a contented cat — and it is best not to exist at all. Universal suicide is the most logical thing in the world — we reject it only because of our primitive cowardice and childish fear of the dark. If we were sensible we would seek death — the same blissful blank which we enjoyed before we existed.
- Suicide is man's way of saying to God, "You can't fire me! I quit!"
- The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets successfully through many a bad night.
- I want to kill myself, to escape from responsiblity, to crawl abjectly back into the womb.
- I must end it. There's no hope left. I'll be at peace. No one had anything to do with this. My decision totally.
- Dear World, I am leaving you because I am bored. I feel I have lived long enough. I am leaving you with your worries in this sweet cesspool - good luck.
- Life is like a movie, if you've sat through more than half of it and its sucked every second so far, it probably isn't gonna get great right at the end and make it all worthwhile. No one should blame you for walking out early.
- Hunter S. Thompson's suicide note
- I feel trapped if I know I can't kill myself at anytime
- The future is just old age and illness and pain.... I must have peace and this is the only way.
- James Whale, film director
- Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism.
- Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.