Sunshine (2007 film)
Those who live are those who fight.Victor Hugo
(Redirected from Sunshine)
- Our sun is dying. Mankind faces extinction. Seven years ago the Icarus project sent a mission to restart the sun but that mission was lost before it reached the star. Sixteen months ago, I, Robert Capa, and a crew of seven left earth frozen in a solar winter. Our payload a stellar bomb with a mass equivalent to Manhattan Island. Our purpose to create a star within a star. Eight astronauts strapped to the back of a bomb. My bomb. Welcome to the Icarus Two.
- So if you wake up one morning and it's a particularly beautiful day, you'll know we made it.
- Only dream I ever have... is it the surface of the sun? Everytime I shut my eyes... it's always the same.
- We have an excess of manliness in the comm center right now.
- Hey Capa, we're only stardust.
- Prescription, two hours in the Earth Room. And get a haircut.
- Everything about the delivery and effectiveness of that payload is entirely theoretical.
- Kaneda! What do you see? Kaneda! What do you see? Kaneda! Kaneda!
- Are you an angel? Has the time come? I've been waiting so long.
- For seven years I spoke with God. He told me to take us all to Heaven.
- At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.
- [From trailer] Nothing survives...not your parents...not your children...not even...stars!
- Searle: It's invigorating. It's like... taking a shower in light. You lose yourself in it.
- Corazon: Like a floatation tank?
- Searle: Actually, no. More like... in psych tests on deep space, I ran a number of sensory deprivation trials, tested in total darkness, on floatation tanks - and the point about darkness is, you float in it. You and the darkness are distinct from each other because darkness is an absence of something, it's a vacuum. But total light envelops you. It becomes you. It's very strange. I recommend it.
- Mace: What's strange, Searle, is that you're the psych officer on this ship and I'm clearly a lot saner than you are.
- Cassie: Are you scared?
- Capa: When a Stellar Bomb is triggered, very little will happen at first. And then a spark, will pop into existance, and it will hang for an instant, hovering in space and then, it will split into two, and those will split again, and again, and again. Detonation beyond all imaging - the big bang on a small scale. A new star born out of a dying one. I think it will be beautiful. No, I'm not scared
- Cassie: I am.
- Icarus: Capa - warning. You are dying. All crew are dying.
- Capa: We know we're dying. Were OK with it, just as long as we have enough oxygen to reach the payload delivery point.
- Icarus: Capa - warning, you do not have enough oxygen to survive until the payload delivery point.
- Capa: Please clarify.
- Icarus: Twelve hours before crew will be unable perform complex tasks. Fourteen hours before crew will be unable to perform basic tasks. Sixteen hours until death. Time to payload delivery point, 19 hours.
- Capa: Negative, Icarus. We have enough oxygen for four crew members to survive.
- Icarus: Affirmative. Four crew members could potentially survive.
- Capa: Trey is dead. There are only four crew members; Cassie, Mace, Corazon and me.
- Icarus: Negative. Five crew members.
- Capa: Icarus, who is the fifth crew member?
- Icarus: Unknown.
- Capa: Where is the fifth crew member?
- Icarus: In the observation room.
- Corazon: [Last Lines] Icarus patch me throught to Mace I have something wonderful to show him or Cassie or Capa...Icarus?
- Pinbacker: [As he stabs her] Don't fight...don't fight
- Cillian Murphy - Robert Capa
- Rose Byrne - Cassie
- Cliff Curtis- Searle
- Chris Evans - Mace
- Hiroyuki Sanada - Kanada
- Michelle Yeoh - Corazon
- Mark Strong - Pinbacker