Swimming with Sharks
Swimming With Sharks is a 1994 film about a young Hollywood executive that becomes the assistant to a big time movie producer who is the worst boss imaginable: abusive, abrasive and cruel. But soon things turn around when the young executive kidnaps his boss and visits all the cruelties back on him.
- Look, I can appreciate this. I was young too, I felt just like you. Hated authority, hated all my bosses, thought they were full of shit. Look, it's like they say, if you're not a rebel by the age of 20, you got no heart, but if you haven't turned establishment by 30, you've got no brains. Because there are no story-book romances, no fairy-tale endings. So before you run out and change the world, ask yourself, "What do you really want?"
- If they can't start a meeting without you, well, that's a meeting worth going to, isn't it? And that's the only kind of meeting you should ever concern yourselves with.
- What, your job is unfair to you? Grow up, way it goes. People use you? Life's unfair? Grow up, way it goes. Your girlfriend doesn't love you? Tough shit, way it goes. Your wife gets raped and shot, and they leave their unfinished beers... [He begins to weep] ... their... their stinking longnecks just lying there on the gr - So be it. Way it goes.
- This is the only way that you can hope to survive. Because life... is not a movie. Everyone lies. Good guys lose. And love... does not conquer all.
- Once you get past the "oops, he caught us" stage and realize we're both fucked, let me know, okay?
- Back Stabbing - Two Faced - Revenge
- In Hollywood all his dreams could come true... But first he has to make coffee.
- He's been humiliated, kicked and spat on... and it's only 10:00 am.
- Life is not a movie
- Kevin Spacey — Buddy Ackerman
- Frank Whaley — Guy
- Michelle Forbes — Dawn Lockard
- Benicio Del Toro — Rex