Swingers (1996 film)
Love is much like a wild rose, beautiful and calm, but willing to draw blood in its defense.Mark Overby
(Redirected from Swingers)
- I don't want you to be the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's really hoping makes it happen. I want you to be like the guy in the rated R movie, you know. The guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where he's coming from. Okay? You're a bad man. You're a bad man, Mikey. You're a bad man, bad man.
- Trent: Look, you take yourself out of the game, you start talking about puppy dogs and ice cream, of course its going to end up on the friendship tip.
- Mike: I just don't think she liked me.
- Trent: Baby you are so money and don't even know it.
- Rob: Those guys are right. You're money.
- Mike: Then why won't she call?
- Rob: She won't call because you left. She's got her own life to deal with and that's in New York. She's a sweet girl and I love her to pieces, but fuck her, man. You got to get on with your life. You've got to let go of the past Mikey, and when you do, the future is beautiful. Alright? Look out the window. It's sunny every day here. It's like manifest destiny. Don't tell me we didn't make it. We made it. We're here. And everything that is past is prologue to this, all the shit that didn't kill us is only - ya know, all that shit... You're gonna get over it.
- Mike: How did you get over it? I mean, how long did it take you?
- Rob: I don't know, man. Sometimes it still hurts. I don't know, man. It's like you wake up every day and it hurts a little less, and then you wake up one day and it doesn't hurt at all. And it's like, and this might sound a little weird, but it's like you almost miss that pain.
- Mike: You miss the pain?
- Rob: Yeah. For the same reason you miss her... Because you lived with it for so long.
- Mike: Look, we're gonna spend half the night driving around the Hills looking for this one party and you're going to say it sucks and we're all gonna leave and then we're gonna go look for this other party. But all the parties and all the bars, they all suck. I spend half the night talking to some girl who's looking around the room to see if there's somebody else who's more important she should be talking to. And it's like I'm supposed to be all happy 'cause she's wearing a backpack, you know? And half of them are just nasty skanks who wouldn't be nothing except they're surrounded by a bunch of drunken horny assholes. And I'm gonna tell you something T. Are you listening?
- Trent: Yeah, I'm listening.
- Mike: I'm not gonna be one of those assholes. Alright? It just makes me sick. It's like, some nasty skank who isn't half the woman my girlfriend is, is gonna front me? It makes me want to fuckin' puke!
- Trent: You know what? You’re like a big bear with claws, with fangs-
- Sue: Big fucking teeth, man.
- Trent: With big fucking teeth on you. And she’s just like this little bunny, just kind of cowering in the corner-
- Sue: Shivering!
- Trent: Yeah, man. You got these claws, and you’re staring at these claws, man, and you’re thinkin’ 'how am I supposed to kill this bunny'.
- Sue: You’re pokin’ at it. You’re pokin’ at it.
- Trent: Yeah, you’re not hurting it. You’re just gently battin’ the bunny around. You know what I mean? The bunny’s scared, Mike. The bunny’s scared of you.
- Sue: And you got these fucking claws, man.
- Trent: You got these fucking claws and these fangs, man. And you’re looking at your claws and you’re lookin’ at your fangs and you’re thinkin’ to yourself, ‘I don’t know what to do’, man. ‘I don’t know how to kill the bunny. With this, I don’t know how to kill the bunnies’, man.
- Sue: You’re like a big bear, man.
- Mike: So how long do I wait to call?
- Trent: A day.
- Mike: Tomorrow.
- Sue: Tomorrow, then a day.
- Trent: Yeah.
- Mike: So two days?
- Trent: Yeah, I guess you could call it that, two days.
- Sue: Definitely, two days is like industry standard.
- Trent: You know I used to wait two days to call anybody, but now it's like everyone in town waits two days. So I think three days is kind of money. What do you think?
- Sue: Yeah, but two's enough not to look anxious.
- Trent: But I think three days is kind of money. You know because you...
- Mike: Yeah, but you know what, maybe I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number.
- Charles: Then ask her where you met her.
- Mike: Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we fucked. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?
- Trent: You know what. Ha ha ha Mike, laugh all you want but if you call too soon you might scare off a nice baby who's ready to party.
- Mike: Well how long are you guys gonna wait to call your babies?
- Trent, Sue: Six days.
- Lorraine: Hi, Mike, I'm Lorraine.
- Mike: Like the quiche.
- Lorraine: Yeah, yeah, the quiche. That's a really original joke.
- Mike: I like quiche. How's that?
- Lorraine: Yeah? Well, I thought real men didn't like quiche.
- Mike: Yeah, well, my reputation seems to have preceded me here.
- Lorraine: You're not a real man?
- Mike: Not lately, no.
- Cocktails first. Questions later.
- Get a nightlife.
- There ain't nothing wrong with letting a girl know that you're money, and that you want to party.
- This movie plays reality.
- You're money and you don't even know it!
- Jon Favreau - Mike Peters
- Vince Vaughn - Trent Walker
- Ron Livingston - Rob
- Patrick Van Horn - Sue
- Alex Désert - Charles
- Heather Graham - Lorraine
- Deena Martin - Christy
- Katherine Kendall - Lisa
- Brooke Langton - Nikki
- Stephanie Ittelson - Vegas Waitress