Look up, laugh loud, talk big, keep the color in your cheek and the fire in your eye, adorn your person, maintain your health, your beauty and your animal spirits.William Hazlitt
- "Jedum Lappi schis Chappi" (Jedem Narren seine Kappe)
- Translation: "To every fool his hat"
- Possible Interpretation: Everybody gets his extra wish
- "Kein Rauch ohne Feuer"
- Translation: "No smoke without fire"
- Translation: "Where smoke rises, there must also be a fire"
- "Wer den Rappen nicht ehrt ist des Frankens nicht wert
- Translation: "Who doesn't honor the Rappen isn't worth the Franken" (swiss currency, 100Rappen = 1Franken)
- "Le diable se cache dans les détails"
- Translation: "The devil hides himself in details"
- "Y a pas le feu au lac"
- Translation: "The lake is not on fire"
- Possible Interpretation: Relax, no need to hurry
- "Sometimes you have to be silent to be heard"