Happiness consumes itself like a flame. It cannot burn for ever, it must go out, and the presentiment of its end destroys it at its very peak.J. August Strindberg
- "Jedum Lappi schis Chappi" (Jedem Narren seine Kappe)
- Translation: "To every fool his hat"
- Possible Interpretation: Everybody gets his extra wish
- "Kein Rauch ohne Feuer"
- Translation: "No smoke without fire"
- Translation: "Where smoke rises, there must also be a fire"
- "Wer den Rappen nicht ehrt ist des Frankens nicht wert
- Translation: "Who doesn't honor the Rappen isn't worth the Franken" (swiss currency, 100Rappen = 1Franken)
- "Le diable se cache dans les détails"
- Translation: "The devil hides himself in details"
- "Y a pas le feu au lac"
- Translation: "The lake is not on fire"
- Possible Interpretation: Relax, no need to hurry
- "Sometimes you have to be silent to be heard"