When I stand before thee at the day's end, thou shalt see my scars and know that I had my wounds and also my healing.Rabindranath Tagore
A synagogue is a place of Jewish worship.
- Nathless the sacred shrine is holy yet,
With its lone floors where reverent feet once trod.
Take off your shoes as by the burning bush,
Before the mystery of death and God.
- One of the profoundest religious changes effected by the synagogue almost immediately upon its establishment twenty-five centuries ago was to bring communion with God directly and easily to the the individual worshiper.
- Nathan Ausubel, The Book of Jewish Knowledge (1964), p.433
- CHRISTUS, reading in the Synagogue.
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me.
He hath anointed me to preach good tidings
Unto the poor; to heal the broken-hearted;
To comfort those that mourn, and to throw open
The prison doors of captives, and proclaim
The Year Acceptable of the Lord, our God!
Bible, King James Version
- They have burned up all the synagogues of God in the land.
- Psalms 74:8
- I spake openly to the world; I ever taught in the synagogue, and in the Temple, whither the Jews always resort.
- John 18:20
- I know your works, oppression, and your poverty (but you are rich), and the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews, and they are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.
- Revelations 2:9