Teresa Heinz Kerry
Brain cells create ideas. Stress kills brain cells. Stress is not a good idea.Richard Saunders
- I think I can best do my work as a head of a family, as a nurturer, for the family, meaning a nurturer for Pittsburgh, and in that sense what we do here can be applicable in many places in the world.
- Quoted in "Teresa Heinz: A Woman On A Mission," Harry Stoffer, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (1993-11-07
- Explanation on announcing she would not run for her late husband John Heinz's Senate seat
- You said something I didn't say. Now shove it.
- They want four more years of hell.
- Three more months!
- I want you to issue a challenge for me to debate Howard Dean.
- Quoted in Howard Kurtz, "The Making of a Non-President: Behind the Scenes With The Kerry Campaign", washingtonpost.com (2004-11-15)
- Said to Jim Jordan, John Kerry's campaign manager, during the Democratic primaries in 2004
- I'd like to be a dog. Wouldn't you like to be a dog? I would. Dogs are friendly.
- When asked what kind of animal she'd like to be
- I'm Nurse Fuzzy Wuzzy here, going "woo hoo."
- When asked about John Kerry's health following surgery
- Let me just say having been married to a Republican, wonderful man, who was the old kind of Republican that we used to have once upon a time, the Republicanism of this administration is neither Republican nor conservative. There are good people in both parties. These people are not Republicans.
- Commenting on her decision to change parties in protest of what she saw as a smear campaign against Max Cleland's patriotism in the 2002 Georgia senatorial campaign.
- To have a couple of people who escaped four, five, six times and deferred and deferred and deferred, calling him anything or doubting his heroism is in and of itself unpatriotic, unpatriotic, I refer to the vice president.