Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines
Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines is the third film in the soon to be Terminator series quadrilogy. It deals with an adult John Connor meeting his future wife and second-in-command, Kate Brewster, and the revelation that despite everything he and his mother have done over the course of his entire life and before, the war against machines is, in actuality, inevitable.
Meanwhile, the machines launch one last bid against his lieutenants in the human resistance, including his wife. This new Terminator is the first to be female, a combination of hard chassis and liquid metal, with a variety of powerful built-in weapons, called the T-X. In her mission, she also begins the final steps towards SkyNet's become self-aware, and starting the war.
- That was a different T-101.
- It was Katherine Brewster who reprogrammed me and sent me back through the time displacement field.
- You cannot self-terminate.
- Talk to the hand.
- John Connor is the leader of the worldwide resistance and last hope for mankind.
- My mission is to ensure the survival of John Connor and Katherine Brewster.
- Skynet has become self aware. In one hour it will initiate a massive nuclear attack on its enemy.
- You only postponed it. Judgment Day is inevitable.
- Through her, you make contact with remnants of the U.S. military and learn how to fight Skynet, forming the core of the Resistance. Later your children will become important.
- I killed you.
- The T-X has corrupted my system.
- My CPU is intact but I cannot control my other functions.
- Desire is irrelevant. I am a machine.
- I'm back.
- We'll meet again.
- She'll be back.
- [voiceover] The future has not been written. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. I wish I could believe that. My name is John Connor. They tried to murder me before I was born. When I was thirteen they tried again. Machines from the future. Terminators. All my life my mother told me the storm was coming - Judgment Day, the beginning of a war between man and machines. Three billion lives were vanished in an instant. And I would lead what was left of the human race to ultimate victory. It hasn’t happened, no bombs fell, computers didn’t take control. We stopped Judgment Day. I should feel safe. But I don’t. So I live off the grid, no phone, no address. No one and nothing can find me. I’ve erased all connections to the past. But as hard as I try, I can't erase my dreams. My nightmares.
- [voiceover] By the time SkyNet became self aware it had spread into millions of computer servers all across the planet. Ordinary computers in office buildings, dorm rooms, everywhere. It was software, in Cyberspace. There was no system core. It could not be shut down. The attack began at 6:18 P.M. just as he said it would. Judgment Day. The day the human race was nearly destroyed by the weapons they built to protect themselves. I should have realized our destiny was never to stop Judgment Day. It was merely to survive it. Together. The Terminator knew. He tried to tell us. But I didn't want to hear it. Maybe the future has been written. I don't know. All I know is what the Terminator taught me. Never stop fighting. And I never will. The battle has just begun.
- I like your gun.
- I like this car.
- "John Connor, it is time."
- Where is John Connor?
- I like your gun.
- I like your car.
- Give me your clothes, now!
- "Talk to the hand!"
- The Terminator, to shopkeeper
- "She´ll be back."
- The Terminator, about the T-X
- "When ruptured, the fuel cells become unstable. Relax." (Kate begins screaming) "Relax!"
- The Terminator, after he tosses his fuel cell (which then explodes)
- "I hate Machines." (Kate Brewster)
- "You are terminated!"
- "Desire is irrelevant. I am a machine."
- The Terminator, Talking to John Connor
- Your future, my destiny, I don't want any part of it.
- John Connor pointing the gun to his own head
- Your gratitude is not required. I’m programmed to follow your commands.
- The Terminator, Talking to Katherine
- Just die you bitch! (Kate Brewster to T-X)