The Chronicles of Riddick
Happiness is not a possession to be prized. It is a quality of thought, a state of mind.Daphne Du Maurier
- Well, lesson learned. No such word as "friend." Can only end bad when you let someone get too close. Bad for them.
- I showed trust to one man. Did I make a mistake, Imam?
- Maybe you should pretend like you're talkin' to someone educated in the penal system. In fact, don't pretend.
- It's been a long time since I smelled beautiful.
- You made three mistakes: First, you took the job. Second, you came light: a four-man crew for me? Fuckin' insulting. But the worst mistake you made, merc... That's right. Empty gun rack.
- Let me guess. A five-man crew this time.
- I'm going to kill you with my teacup.
- Did you know all your doors were locked?
- I'm just passin' through.
- You don't expect these mercs to have any code, any honor.
- I bow to no man.
- So now it's back to all the brightness, and everything I hate.
- There's gonna be one speed: mine.
- If you can't keep up, don't step up. You'll just die.
- I'm sure God has his tricks, but getting out of places no one else can, that's one of mine.
- [last lines of the movie; whispered] You keep what you kill.
- You're supposed to be some slick-shit killer, now look at you, all back of the bus and shit.
- [speaking of Crematoria] If I owned this place and Hell, I'd rent this place out, and live in Hell
- I shoulda taken the money.
- Coupla things you coulda done better. First, take the locator beacon off the ship you jacked. Second, and this is the most important- dust my dick when you get the chance.
- [laughing; after Riddick, while in captivity, kills one of his five-man mercenary team] Four way split!
- I think you're my new gunner. Grab a gat.
- There are inmates and there are convicts. A convict has a certain code. And he knows to show a certain respect. An inmate, on the other hand, pulls the pin on his fellow man. Does the guard's work for them. Brings shame to the game. So, which are you gonna be?
- I've been here for years. [shows his wedding ring] See this? I remember how gorgeous she was. Well, gorgeous in a certain light. And now, for the goddamn death of me, I cannot remember her name.
- [as hunting hounds are released] Whatever you do, don't make eye contact.
- Ellen. Her name was Ellen. I never really forgot.
The Lord Marshal
- Been a long time since I've seen my own blood. Perhaps too long.
- In our faith, you keep what you kill.
- Consider this: If you fall here, now, you will never rise. But if you choose another way, the Necromonger way, you will die in due time, and rise again in the Underverse.
- [after ripping a man's soul out]] Join him, or join me.
- Convert now, or fall forever!
- Let's go replenish the ranks.
- Then I'll take your soul...
- Get my armada off the ground!
- [to prisoners being forced to convert] Look around you. Every Necromonger in this hall, every member of the Legion Vast that swept aside your defenses in one night, was once like you. Fought as feebly as you. Every Necromonger that lives today is a convert.
Abu 'Imam' al-Walid
- [about to be executed by Irgun) There will be another life for me. What will there be for you?
- Whatever was said was meant to give us a chance - a fighting chance!
- [watching a comet pass by the planet] It is said that the comet always precedes them - these world enders. The Coalsack planets are gone. Eight million settlers missing. The entire Aquilan system is gone too. Helion Prime shares its sunlight with all other planets nearby. If we fall, they fall, and after that... My God, how do I save my family?
- Will you wait one minute, to save worlds?
- We all began as something else.
- [to Riddick] I was supposed to deliver a message to you... if Vaako failed to kill you. A message from the Lord Marshal himself. He tells you to stay away from Helion, stay away from him, and in return, you'll be hunted no more. But Vaako will most likely report you as dead. So this is your chance. Your chance to do what no man has ever done.
- The Necromonger in me warns you to stay away. But the Furyan in me... hopes you won't listen.
- In this verse, life is antagonistic to the natural state. Here humans in all their various races are a spontaneous outbreak. An unguided mistake. Our purpose is to correct that mistake... because there is another verse. A verse where life is welcomed and cherished. A ravishing ever-new place called Underverse... but the road to that verse crosses over the threshold. So it is this 'verse that must be cleansed of life, so the Underverse can populate and prosper.
- It was hard for me to accept too, when I first heard these words! I let them take away my pain!
- Aereon: In normal times, evil would be fought with good. But in times like these, well, it should be fought by another kind of evil.
- Aereon: There are very few people who have met with a Necromonger and lived to speak of it. So if I choose to speak of it, you should choose to listen.
- Aereon; Furians, defiant to the end.
- Mercenary: Hey. How does he know where we're goin' and we don't?
- Flight commander: [Necromongers begin their invasion] Flight leaders, get all squads off the ground now! We've got heavy inbound!
- Man: [whispering, talking about Necromonger statues] So tall it touches the clouds... And there's nothing around this colossus, nothing left. It's their calling card.
- Keira: [After Riddick has killed a convict with his tea cup] Death by tea-cup, why didn't I think of that?
- Riddick: Last question, and you better get this right, merc. Whose ship is this?
- Toombs: Mine.
- Riddick: Wrong answer.
- Scene shows Toombs falling out of the ship.
- Imam: Have you heard anything I've said?
- Riddick: You said it's all circling the drain - the whole universe. Right?
- Imam: That's right.
- Riddick: Had to end sometime.
- Man: Have you met any others?
- Aereon: Others like yourself?
- Riddick: Sister, they don't know what to do with just one of me.
- Aereon: Spoken like a true Furyan.
- Imam: Will you wait one minute to save worlds?
- Riddick: Not my fight.
- Lord Vaako: This is your one chance. Take the Lord Marshal's offer and bow.
- Riddick: I bow to no man.
- Lord Vaako: He's not a man. He's the Holy Half-Dead who has seen the UnderVerse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
- Riddick: Look. I'm not with everyone here. But I will take a piece of him.
- Riddick points to Irgun.
- Lord Vaako: A piece you will have.
- In the ensuing fight, Riddick kills Irgun.
- Lord Marshall: Stop him! (Approches Riddick.) Irgun. One of my best.
- Riddick: If you say so.
- Lord Marshall: What do you think of this blade?
- Lord Marshall hands Riddick the blade that Riddick used to kill Irgun. Riddick spins the knife around.
- Riddick: I think it's a half-gram heavy on the back end.
- Toombs: Any questions?
- Riddick: Yeah. What took you so long?
- Lord Marshal: [after seeing a recording of Riddick killing a Lensor] Commander Toal.
- Toal: [growls] He won't escape twice.
- Man: Is there a name for this private little world of yours, huh? What happens there when we don't just run away? You'll kill us... with a soup cup?
- Riddick: Tea, actually.
- Man: What's that?
- Riddick: I'm going to kill you with my tea cup.
- Riddick: Keira?
- Keira: What?
- Riddick: Get that ass moving!
- Riddick: You remember that favorite game of yours?
- Keira: Who's The Better Killer?
- Riddick: Let's play.