The Craft (film)
The Craft is a 1996 film about a newcomer to a Catholic prepatory school who falls in with a trio of outcast teenage girls who practice witchcraft and they all soon conjure up various spells and curses against those who even slightly anger them.
- Directed by Andrew Fleming. Written by Andrew Fleming and Peter Filardi.
- You know, in the old days, if a witch betrayed her coven, they would kill her.
- You know, if I was pathetic as you are, I would have killed myself ages ago. You should get on with it.
- If God and the Devil were playing football, Manon would be the stadium that they played on.
- Have you ever heard of invoking the spirit? It's when you called him... Manon. It's like... it's like you take him into you. It's like he fills you. He takes everything that's gone wrong into your life and makes it all better again.
- [after finding out that Chris had tried to rape Sarah] I'm gonna go play.
- Driver: Watch out for the weirdos, girls.
- Nancy Downs: We are the weirdos, mister.
- Nancy Downs: I drink of my sisters, and I take into myself... all the power of Manon.
- Sarah Bailey: That's all?
- Mr. Bailey: Can I help you?
- Chris Hooker: No one can help me.
- Sarah Bailey: What's wrong with her?
- Rochelle: Her spell's not working.
- Bonnie: What spell?
- Rochelle: I don't know. She doesn't want to be white trash anymore. I told her, "You're white honey! Just get over it."
- Nancy Downs: What's wrong with your scars, Sarah. [cuts her]
- Sarah Bailey: No, it's real.
- Nancy Downs: Then why are you still bleeding? Run, run like the little coward that you are! She's so pathetic!
- Sarah Bailey: Relax... it's only magic. Now who's pathetic?
- Sarah Bailey: Did you tell your friends?
- Chris Hooker: ...what?
- Sarah Bailey: That you're a lying sack of shit.
- Chris Hooker: No... b-but I will.
- Rochelle: All these songs are by Connie Francis.
- Grace Downs: Yeah, isn't that great? Since I was a little girl, I've always wanted in life a jukebox that played nothing but Connie Francis records.
- Bonnie: That's great.
- Rochelle: Who's Connie Francis?
- Grace Downs: Who's Connie Francis? Honey, listen and learn! Connie Francis!
- Sarah Bailey: Nothing makes everything all better again.
- Nancy Downs: Maybe not for you...
- Laura Lizzie: Ow! You're pulling my hair out!
- Sarah Bailey: Sorry, I thought I saw a bug. They have shampoo for that, you know.
- Laura Lizzie: Stupid bitch.
- Sarah Bailey: Hey, can I talk to you for a second, Chris?
- Mitt: I'm sorry. Chris is really busy, maybe we could set something up for-- nice jacket-- later in the week. What do you think?
- Sarah Bailey: Why did you lie about me?
- Chris Hooker: Look, I don't want to go out with you again, okay? Please stop begging. It's pathetic.
- Sarah Bailey: Hey, Chris, fuck you!
- Chris Hooker: Nah.
- Trey: But I will.
- Mitt: [looks at Trey as Sarah runs off, upset] She gonna cry, then I'm gonna cry, and we're all gonna cry!
- Chris Hooker: Sarah, come on, I mean... you look like you need to talk to somebody anyway.
- Sarah Bailey: How do you know what I look like? We're talking on the phone.
- Chris Hooker: You're just jealous!
- Nancy Downs: Jealous? Jealous! You don't even exist to me! You don't exist! You are nothing! You are shit! You don't exist. The only way you know how to treat women is by treating them like whores! Well, you're the whore! And this is gonna stop! Do you understand? Hmm?
- Chris Hooker: [frightened] I'm sorry.
- Nancy Downs: Oh, he's sorry! He's sorry, he's sorry, he's sorry, he's sorry, he's sorry! [shouts] Sorry, me ass! [kills him]
- Chris Hooker: Why didn't you answer the phone?
- Sarah Bailey: It's three in the morning, Chris.
- Chris Hooker: Oh. Yeah, I guess that's a good reason... hey, you know, I was thinking we should move in together.
- Sarah Bailey: I don't think I'm ready for that level of commitment.
- Chris Hooker: Oh. Sarah, I can't stop thinking about you. I can't eat, I can't sleep. I think I love you. I've never loved anyone before... well, except for my mom and this little puppy I had when I was little...
- Sarah Bailey: You're in big trouble with Manon. He says you've abused the gifts he's given you and now you have to pay.
- Nancy Downs: [her fingers turn top snakes] What's going on?
- Sarah Bailey: Where did Bonnie and Rochelle go? They just ran out of here without even saying good-bye. That's bad manners.
- Lirio: You know how to use the candles?
- Sarah Bailey: Yeah, you light the wick.
- Chris Hooker: [handing Sarah a flower] I wanna apologize for those guys in French. They're assholes.
- Sarah Bailey: [dropping the flower] Yeah well, you know what they say. Who are you hang with.
- Chris Hooker: Yeah right... wait, did you call me an asshole?
- Sarah Bailey: [chuckles] Sorry, my defenses are up. People here have been really rude to me.
- Nancy Downs: He comes on anything with tits, Sarah.
- Bonnie: Except me.
- Sarah Bailey: I'm not watching him.
- Nancy Downs: He spreads disease. [uncomforably] I speak from personal experience. [after yelling at Chris] He's a jerk.
- Nancy Downs: [noticing Sarah's cuts] What's up with this?
- Sarah Bailey: [embarrassed] I slit my wrists.
- Bonnie: What you'd do with it?
- Sarah Bailey: A-a kitchen knife.
- Bonnie: [surprised] You even did it the right way.
- Sarah Bailey: [not sure of what to say] Yeah...
- Nancy Downs: [reassuring her] Punk rock! Let's go.
- Rochelle: The right way? How do you know the right way?
- Bonnie: [defensive] Shut up, Rochelle.
- Rochelle: Well how you do know?
- Nancy Downs: So, hot stuff, how did it go?
- Sarah Bailey: How did what go?
- Nancy Downs: Your date with Chris.
- Rochelle: Chris already told everybody.
- Sarah Bailey: [confused] Told everybody what?
- Bonnie: That you guys did it.
- Sarah Bailey: But we didn't... do it.
- Nancy Downs: Well then he was just trying to save-face then, because he's going around the whole school saying that you were the lousiest lay he's ever had, and coming from him, that's pretty bad.
- Sarah Bailey: [looking over to the other girls in the classroom who were giggling] No, he didn't [hoping it wasn't true]
- Nancy Downs: He did.
- Rochelle: He said the same stuff about Nancy.
- Nancy Downs: Told you he was a jerk.
- Bonnie: The almanac says today will bring an arrival or something.
- Nancy Downs: Yeah, wonderful. I'm getting my rag!
- Bonnie: A new wholeness and with it a new balance, earth, air, fire, water... maybe it's our fourth.
- Nancy Downs: We don't need a fourth.
- It's "Carrie" meets "Clueless"!
- Welcome to the witching hour.
- Spend the weekend with the girls!
- Exorcise your rites.
- Relax... it's only magic...
|Robin Tunney||Sarah Bailey|
|Fairuza Balk||Nancy Downs|
|Skeet Ulrich||Chris Hooker|
|Christine Taylor||Laura Lizzie|