The Devil's Own
Go out and buy yourself a five-cent pencil and a ten-cent notebook and begin to write down some million-dollar ideas for yourself.Bob Grinde
They're about to discover what they're willing to fight, and to die for. taglines
- All the same, Mr. Fitzsimmoms, if you're not confused, you don't know what's goin' on.
- They say the word peace, but at the end of the day, all they want is surrender.
- [Looking at a dilapidated boat] Here it is: the Irish Republican Navy.
- You're a stupid man, Mr. Burke. You only see me standing between you and your money. You're forgetting about the thousand men standing behind me. That's a mistake.
- Don't look for a happy ending. It's not an American story. It's an Irish one.
- It's good to have somebody around here who can pee standing up.
- I understand why he's doin' what he's doin'. If I had to endure what he's endured—if I was eight years old and saw my father gunned down in front of my family—I'd be carryin' a gun too, and I wouldn't be wearin' a badge.
- [last lines] We never had choice... You and me.
- Edwin Diaz: When are you gonna let me drive?
- Tom O'Meara: I don't know, tomorrow.
- Edwin Diaz: You've been saying that for three years.
- [Referring to the men who shot Rory's father]
- Tom O'Meara: Did they catch the fuckers?
- Rory: They were the fuckers.
- Annie O'Meara: Rory, are you married?
- Rory: No.
- Annie O'Meara: You marry me?
- Rory: [laughs] I'll have to ask your dad first.
- Tom O'Meara: What's the money for? I was thinkin' guns. I was thinkin' IRA.
- Rory: I need that money Tom!
- Tom O'Meara: Why? So other eight-year-olds can watch their fathers gunned down in front of 'em? If this money leaves here, more people will die. Can you tell me that won't happen?
- One man trapped by destiny, and another bound by duty. They're about to discover what they're willing to fight, and to die for.
- They come from different worlds. They fight for different causes. Now, two men from opposite sides of the law are about to go to war.