The Devil's Own
Ideas lose themselves as quickly as quail, and one must wing them the minute they rise out of the grass, or they are gone.Thomas F. Kennedy
They're about to discover what they're willing to fight, and to die for. taglines
- All the same, Mr. Fitzsimmoms, if you're not confused, you don't know what's goin' on.
- They say the word peace, but at the end of the day, all they want is surrender.
- [Looking at a dilapidated boat] Here it is: the Irish Republican Navy.
- You're a stupid man, Mr. Burke. You only see me standing between you and your money. You're forgetting about the thousand men standing behind me. That's a mistake.
- Don't look for a happy ending. It's not an American story. It's an Irish one.
- It's good to have somebody around here who can pee standing up.
- I understand why he's doin' what he's doin'. If I had to endure what he's endured—if I was eight years old and saw my father gunned down in front of my family—I'd be carryin' a gun too, and I wouldn't be wearin' a badge.
- [last lines] We never had choice... You and me.
- Edwin Diaz: When are you gonna let me drive?
- Tom O'Meara: I don't know, tomorrow.
- Edwin Diaz: You've been saying that for three years.
- [Referring to the men who shot Rory's father]
- Tom O'Meara: Did they catch the fuckers?
- Rory: They were the fuckers.
- Annie O'Meara: Rory, are you married?
- Rory: No.
- Annie O'Meara: You marry me?
- Rory: [laughs] I'll have to ask your dad first.
- Tom O'Meara: What's the money for? I was thinkin' guns. I was thinkin' IRA.
- Rory: I need that money Tom!
- Tom O'Meara: Why? So other eight-year-olds can watch their fathers gunned down in front of 'em? If this money leaves here, more people will die. Can you tell me that won't happen?
- One man trapped by destiny, and another bound by duty. They're about to discover what they're willing to fight, and to die for.
- They come from different worlds. They fight for different causes. Now, two men from opposite sides of the law are about to go to war.