The Forbidden Kingdom
The Forbidden Kingdom is a 2008 Hollywood martial arts-adventure film directed by Rob Minkoff. It is the first film starring together two of the most well-known names in the martial arts film genre, Jackie Chan and Jet Li.
- Remember what I taught you.
- Praying Mantis, very good. For catching bugs, but not tigers.
- How romantic, men will tell you what you want to hear Sparrow, but in the end. They will leave you, with nothing!
- Jason Tripitikas: I can't understand you.
- Lu Yan: That's because you're not listening!
- Silent Monk: What about two tigers, one mountain?
- Lu Yan: We can kill each other when this is over.
- Lu Yan: "How can you fill your cup when it's full?"
- Lu Yan: "Empty Your Cup."
- [Jason empties his cup]
- Lu Yan: "It is hopeless! Hopeless!"
- Golden Sparrow: How good is your kung fu?
- Lu Yan: He's got no kung fu.... none!
- Jason Tripitikas: How long as he been imprisoned?
- Lu Yan: Five hundred years, give or take a few decades.
- Jason: So how do I get home?
- Lu Yan: You must return the staff you Five Elements Mountain, you must free the Monkey King!
- Jason: I don't wanna free the Monkey King I wanna go home
- Lu Yan: (ignoring Jason for the moment) Innkeeper, more wine!
- Jason: Don't you think you had enough?
- Lu Yan: In some areas I'm known as a poet and storyteller.
- [inkeeper arrives with the bill]
- Lu Yan: In other areas I'm known as a beggar. [gently moves the innkeeper towards Jason for him to pay]
- [Lu Yan is in bed, dying from his arrow wound]
- Lu Yan: When I was your age, I was a scholar-warrior in training. My arrow was good, so too my kung fu. I was chosen to take the several exams. To pass would place me among a short line of scholar immortals. I failed.
- Jason: You're not immortal?
- Lu Yan: If one does not attach himself to people and desires, never shall his heart be broken. ....But then, does he ever truly live? I'd rather die a mortal, with a care for someone, than to live as an immortal free from his death.
- Jason: I don't wanna lose you.
- Lu Yan: Forget about me.
- Lu Yan: It is said that: master and student walk side-by-side, sharing their fate - until they go their separate ways.
- Jason: I will never forget you.
- Lu Yan: I guess that's what being immortal truly means.
- Jason: Is this a dream?
- Lu Yan: No, where you come from, is the dream, through the gate of no gate.
- Jason: What is that, like a wormhole or something?
- Lu Yan: No, either you are a Zen Master, or you carry something very special.
- Jason: [points to the staff] This? It was in a pawnshop waiting for a guy to pick it up... and return it to its rightful owner...
- [guards come into the inn]
- Jason: What are we gonna do?
- Lu Yan: How good is your Kung Fu?
- [Jason does not reply immediately]
- Lu Yan: Ah! He who speaks, does not know. He who knows, does not speak. Surely, you're masterful.