The Game is a 1997 film in which a rich investment banker is given an elaborate gift experience for his birthday which consumes his life. It is directed by David Fincher, starring Michael Douglas and Sean Penn.
- This was iced tea.
- Did I have a choice? Did I have a choice?
- I'm being toyed with by a bunch of depraved children.
- I don't care about the money. I'm pulling back the curtain. I want to meet the wizard.
- And you really believe that just because you publish children's books, people are going to care about my reputation? You can have pictures of me wearing nipple rings, butt-fucking Captain Kangaroo. The only thing they care about is the stock and whether that stock is up or down!
- They won't leave me alone! I'm a goddam human piñata!
- They fuck you and fuck you and fuck you, and just when you think it's over, that's when the real fucking begins!
- [Nicholas loses a shoe when climbing a fire-escape ladder.]
- Nicholas: There goes a thousand dollars.
- Christine: Your shoes cost a thousand dollars?
- Nicholas: That one did.
- Jim Feingold: You know, thank God you jumped, because if you didn't, I was supposed to throw you off!
- Conrad: This is for you.
- Nicholas: You shouldn't have.
- Conrad: What do you get for the man who has…everything?
- Nicholas: [reading the card] "Consumer Recreation Services." Well, I do have golf clubs.
- Conrad: Call that number.
- Nicholas: Why?
- Conrad: Make your life... fun.
- Nicholas: Fun.
- Conrad: You know what that is... uh, you've seen other people have it.