Very simple ideas lie within the reach only of complex mindsRemy De Gourmont
- Ya know, there never was anyone else Mag's.
- When the heck did we get old?
- "[while talking with Ben Randall]" Your wife left you. Your best friend is dead. You sound like a damn country song. If you had a dog, he'd be run over by now.
- Like hell, Ben, you're a bigamist. You've been married to the coast guard all along. Now gimme that shoulder. Prolly swollen out of socket tryin to prove you was still nineteen.
- Hell, I've always been old Ben. Ya' know what though, I don't mind. I mean if my muscles ache, it's because I've used 'em. It's hard for me to walk up them steps now, its 'cuz I walked up 'em every night to lay next to a man who loved me. I got a few wrinkles here and there, but I've layed under thousands of skies with sunny days. I look and feel this way, well cuz I drank and I smoked. I lived and I loved, danced, sang, sweat and screwed my way thorough a pretty damn good life if you ask me. Getting old ain't bad Ben. Getting old, that's earned.