The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (film)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a 2005 science fiction comedy film. It is based upon the television series, radio series and book of the same name.
- The last ever Dolphin message was misinterpreted as a surprisingly sophisticated attempt to do a double backwards somersault through a hoop while whistling The Star-Spangled Banner, but in fact the message was this: "So long, and thanks for all the fish."
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book - perhaps the most remarkable, certainly the most successful, book ever to come out of the great publishing corporations of Ursa Minor. More popular than the Celestial Homecare Omnibus, better selling than 53 Things to Do in Zero Gravity, and more controversial than Oolon Colluphid's trilogy of philosophical blockbusters - Where God Went Wrong, Some More of God's Greatest Mistakes, and Who is This God Person Anyway?
- "Space," says the introduction to The Hitchhiker's Guide, "is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is."
- The Jatravartids, who live in perpetual fear of the time they call "The Coming of The Great White Handkerchief", are small blue creatures with more than fifty arms each. They are unique in being the only race in history to have invented the aerosol deodorant before the wheel.
- Zaphod: I have a hunch!
- Ford: [smiling] His hunches are good! Arthur! I say we go!
- Arthur Dent: [Hysterically] Go with the hunch of a man whose brain is fuelled by LEMONS?!!
- Ford: Arthur... what if I told you I really wasn't from Guildford? I was from a small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse?
- Arthur: [chuckles incredulously] Is that something you're likely to say?
- Trillian: Can we put your ego aside for a minute?! Something important has happened.
- Zaphod: If there's anything more important than my ego on this ship, I want it caught and shot right now!
- Marvin: I think you ought to know that I'm feeling very depressed.
- Trillian: Well, we have something that should take your mind off things.
- Marvin: It won't work. I have an exceptionally large mind.
- Trillian: Yeah, we know. But uh, we need you to go down to the number two entry bay and pick up our stowaways and bring them up here.
- Marvin: Just that? I won't enjoy it.
- Trillian: Yeah, well, that's life.
- Marvin: [Scornfully] Life. Don't talk to me about life.
- [takes Point-Of-View gun off Trillian and aims it at her]
- Trillian: It won't affect me. I'm already a woman.
- Don't Panic
- Don't leave Earth without it.
- The most astonishing adventure in the universe begins when the world ends.
- Everything you need to know about there, is in here.
- The answers to what's out there are in here.
- Losing your planet isn't the end of the world.
- Martin Freeman —- Arthur Dent
- Mos Def —- Ford Prefect
- Zooey Deschanel —- Trillian
- Sam Rockwell —- Zaphod Beeblebrox
- Bill Nighy —- Slartibartfast
- Warwick Davis and Alan Rickman (voice) —- Marvin the Paranoid Android
- Anna Chancellor —- Questular Rontok
- John Malkovich —- Humma Kavula
- Stephen Fry —- The Guide/Narrator