Love laughs at locksmiths.Proverb
- Directed by Joe Dante. Screenplay written by John Sayles and Terence H. Winkless, based on the novel The Howling by Gary Brandner.
Dr. George Waggner
- [first lines] Repression. Repression if the father of neurosis, of self-hatred. Now, stress results when we fight against our impulses. We've all heard people talk about animal magnetism, the natural man, the noble savage, as if we'd lost something valuable in our long evolution into civilized human beings. Now there's a good reason for this.
- Thank God! [drops to the ground]
- [on how to kill werewolves] Silver bullets or fire, that's the only way to get rid of the damn things. They're worse than cockroaches.
- [about his occult bookstore] The Manson people used to hang out here and shoplift!
- Don't you know anything?
- [proceeds to pull the bullet from his fractured skull out of the hole it left his head] I'm gonna give you a piece of my mind, Karen.
- Erle Kenton: You can't tame what's meant to be wild, doc. It just ain't natural.
- Fred Francis: [on the phone after Karen freezes during a newscast] Who knows? Maybe she's pregnant. Listen, get in touch with that Fujiama, Fujimoto, or whatever the hell her name is and get her ready for the 11:00 report.
- Eddie Quist: Hello, bright boy.
- Chris Dugan: Eddie?
- Eddie Quist: You know me, but I don't know you. Why is that?
- Chris Dugan: I've got silver bullets in here. [points his rifle]
- Jerry Warren: Silver bullets my ass! Get up, T.C.!
- Bill Neill: I'm looking for my wife.
- Marsha Quist: Why?
- Karen White: There was howling just a minute ago.
- Bill Neill: It was probably someone's stray dog.
- Karen White: It didn't sound like any dog I've ever heard before
- Bill Neill: Honey, you're from Los Angeles. The wildest thing you've ever heard is Wolfman Jack. This is the country.
- Chris Dugan: [looks in what was Eddie Quist's morgue locker] He's not here!
- Morgue attendant: He was here this morning!
- Terry Fisher: [notices the damage on the inside of the locker door] Look at the door!
- Chris Dugan: You think somebody took him?
- Morgue attendant: Well, he didn't just get up and walk away!
- Chris Dugan: You're crazy!
- Eddie Quist: Oh, I'm much more than that!
- Erle Kenton: We should have stuck with the old ways. Raising cattle for our feed. Where's the life in that?
- Charlie Barton: Humans are our cattle.
- Erle Kenton: Humans are our prey We should feed on them, like we've always done. Screw all this "channel your energies" crap.
- [last lines]
- Man at bar: Hey, Ernie? Put that pepper steak on for me, would ya? And a hamburger for the lady.
- Ernie: How do ya want that?
- Man at bar: How do you want it, honey?
- Marsha Quist: Rare. [smiles]
|Dee Wallace Stone||Karen White|
|Patrick Macnee||Dr. George Waggner|
|Dennis Dugan||Chris Dugan|
|Belinda Balaski||Terry Fisher|
|Christopher Stone||R. William Neill|
|Kevin McCarthy||Fred Francis|
|John Carradine||Erle Kenton|
|Slim Pickens||Sam Newfield|
|Robert Picardo||Eddie Quist|
|Dick Miller||Walter Paisley|
|Elisabeth Brooks||Marsha Quist|