The Iron Giant
- General Rogard: That missile is targeted to the giant's current position! WHERE'S THE GIANT, MANSLEY?
- Kent Mansley: *Upon realizing the Giant is right above them* Oooh... We can duck and cover! There's a fallout shelter not far from ...
- General Rogard: There's no way to survive this, you idiot!
- Kent Mansley: You mean we're all going to...
- General Rogard: To die, Mansley. For our country.
- Kent Mansley: Screw our country! I WANT TO LIVE!
- The Giant: I am not a gun.
- Hogarth: You are who you choose to be.
- Kent: Hey there, Scout. Kent Mansley. I work for the government.
- The Giant: Souls don't die...
(Kent interrogating Hogarth in the barn; tosses him his pictures first one of the piece of metal that Hogarth brought the giant)
- Kent: Does this ring a bell? No?
- (Kent tosses him a picture of Hogarth with the Giant peeking over at him)
- Kent: How about this?
- (Mansley is on the phone with the general)
- General: OK, Mansley. say it again, and this time, listen to yourself.
- Mansley: (sigh) a giant... metal... monster.
(Hysterical laughter on the other end. Mansley turns around a kitchen mitt that seems to mock him.)
- Mansley: Please, sir. I've got a feeling about this one.
- General: OK, Mansley. Let me tell you how this works...Let's say you find a...giant footprint, yeah, i'll send over a specialist to make a plaster cast of it. Hell, you get me a photograph of this thing and I'll probably send some troops over there. But you tell me you have a feeling...
- Hogarth: Can you talk? You know..."Blah blah blah?"
- The Giant: [Metallic grinding noises].
(Hogarth has just had espresso with Dean, and is not used to its effects.)
- Hogarth (rapidly): So she moves me up a grade because I wasn't fitting in so now I'm even more non-popular. I was getting good grades, like all A's, and then my mom says, "You need stimulation" and I'm thinking, "No, I'm stimulated enough right now." But she goes, "Nuh-uh, you don't have a challange. You have to have a challange." Well, now I'm challanged, all right. I'm challanged to hold on to my lunch money because all the big mooses want to pound me because I'm a shimpy dork who thinks he's smarter than them. But I don't think I'm smarter, I just do the stupid homework. If everyone else just did the stupid homework, they could move up a grade and get pounded too. Is there any more coffee?
- Hogarth: So we can't tell Ripley's Believe it or Not...well...because they wouldn't believe it.
- Class Film: ATOMIC HOLOCAUST!
- Class Film: (Singing) Hands on your head, low to the ground. Time to duck and cover...the bombs are coming down. Duck and cover. Duck and cover...'Cause all the kids who don't will cease to be around.
- Kent: Hogarth? That's an embarrassing name. She might as well have called him Zeppo or something...what kind of sick person names their kid Hogarth?
- Dean: This is espresso. It's like Coffeezilla.
- Hogarth: Giant?
- Giant: Hogarth. You stay. I go. No following.
- Hogarth: I love you.
- (as the Giant is about to sacrifice itself to save the town)
- Hogarth: [voice over] You are who you choose to be.
- The Giant: Superman.
- Dean (speaking to the Giant): There are two kinds of metal in this yard: Scrap (points to scrap pile) and Art (points to metal art pieces). If you're going to eat one of them, eat the scrap. What you currently have, IN YOUR MOUTH, is ART!!
- Annie Hughes: For some reason the army is outside our front door, Mr. Mansley.
- Kent: Please, call me Kent.
IMDb: The Iron Giant