The Island (2005 film)
It doesn't matter how new an idea is: what matters is how new it becomes.Elias Canetti
(Redirected from The Island)
- McCord: (makes a reference to God)
Lincoln Six-Echo: Who is "God"?
McCord: You know when you really want something, you close your eyes and wish for it really hard?
God is the guy that ignores you.
- McCord: Man, why do I gotta be the guy tells the kids there's no Santa Claus? OK, look. You're...Well, you're not like me. I mean, you're not... human. I mean, you're human, but you just, you're not real. You're not, like, a real person. Like me. You're clones. You're copies of people out here in the world.
- Merrick: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the next generation of science. The Agnate, an organic frame engineered directly into adulthood to match the client's age. You're looking at stage one - the development stage. Within 12 months, it'll be harvest-ready, providing a carrier of your baby, second pair of lungs, fresh skin - all genetically indistinguishable from your own and in compliance with the Eugenics Laws of 2015, all our Agnates are maintained in a persistent vegetative state. They never achieve conciousness. They never think or suffer or feel pain, joy, love, hate. It's a product, ladies and gentlemen, in every way that matters - NOT HUMAN.
- Dr. Merrick: I have discovered the Holy Grail of science, Mr. Laurent. I give life. The Agnates... they're simply tools, instruments. They have no souls. The possibilities are endless here. In two years' time, I will be able to cure children's leukemia. How many people on Earth can say that, Mr. Laurent?
- Laurent: I guess just you and God. That's the answer you're looking for, isn't it?
- Jordan Two-Delta: [watching motorcycle scream down the asphalt] What was that?
Lincoln Six-Echo: I don't know.
Lincoln Six-Echo: But I want one.
McCord :"..but there's one universal truth, never trust a women with your credit card..."