For a crowd is not company; and faces are but a gallery of pictures; and talk but a tinkling cymbal, where there is no love.Francis Bacon
The Munsters (1964–1966) is an American sitcom featuring a family of friendly monsters trying to get along in a normal world.
- Lily: Oh Herman, you're such a monster sometimes.
- Herman; Gee, I don't know, grandpa. I haven't been down in the sewer in a hundred years.
- Grandpa: Believe me, they haven't changed.
- Herman (retelling the dynamite incident): And then there was this terrible explosion, and the next thing I knew I was lying in the gutter three blocks away, and Spot was licking my face.
- Eddie: Then what did you do?
- Herman: We took a taxi home. Eh, of course, when we got here, I made Spot give it back to the driver.