The Omen is a 1976 horror film, starring Gregory Peck and Lee Remick. The film concerns an ambassador adopting a child (later revealed to be the Anti-Christ) to hide the truth from his wife about their stillborn. The film was remade in 2006.
- [To Kathy] I've been appointed Ambassador to Great Britain.
- [To Father Brennan] What do you know about my son?
- [Damien has dissapeared] Damien!
- [To Mrs. Baylock about the dog] If we need a dog, I will pick him out myself.
- [To the psychiatrist] It was foretold that this pregnancy would be terminated. I'm going to see that it's not.
- [After Jennings tells him about Brennan] He knew he was dying?
- My son is dead.
- [After Jennings offers to help] No. It's my problem.
- [About the hospital] There was a terrible fire and the old hospital burned down... five years ago.
- [To Father Spilleto] Father Spilleto, my name is Thorn. There was a child. I want to know where that child came from.
- [Reading the name off of a grave.] "Bambino Scianna."
- [Discovering his dead son] They murdered him.
- [Jennings arrives after Kathy's death] "When the Jews return to Zion, and a comet rips the sky, and the Holy Roman Empire rises, then you and I must die. From the Eternal Sea, He rises, creating armies on either shore, turning man against his brother, till man exists, no more." Kathy is dead. I want Damien to die, too.
- [Refusing to kill Damien] He's not responsible! I won't do it! [Throws the knives into an alley]
- [Last words] God, help me.
- (after Robert makes him drop his camera) That's all right, ambassador. Let's just say you owe me.
- It's making more sense. The Jews have returned to Zion and there has been a comet. As for the rise of the Roman Empire, scholars think that that could well mean the rise of the Common Market.
- Theologians have already interpreted the Eternal Sea as meaning the world of politics, the "sea that consantly rages with turmoil and revolution.
- (hearing about Spilleto telling the monks about the switch) He dosen't speak.
- (to Robert about killing Damien) It's not a child!
- (last words) Then if you don't do it, I will.
- "When the Jews return to Zion, and a comet rips the sky, and the Holy Roman Empire rises, then you and I must die. From the Eternal Sea, He rises, creating armies on either shore, turing man against his brother, till man exists no more.
- [Last words] NO-O-O-O-O-O!!!
- Chorus: [opening/end credits(Repeated)] Sanguis/Bibimus/Corpus/Edimus
- Chorus: [Brennan's death(Repeated)] Versus/Chritus/Ave/Satani
- Robert Thorn: Get on with it. Say what you have to say.
- Father Brennan: "When the Jews return to Zion, and a comet rips the sky, and the Holy Roman Empire rises, then you and I must die. From the Eternal Sea, He rises, creating armies on either shore, turning man against his brother, till man exists, no more." The Book of Revelations predicted it all.
- Robert Thorn: I'm not here to listen to a sermon.
- Father Brennan: It is by means of a human personality entirely in his possession that Satan will wage his last formidable offence.
- Robert Thorn: You said that my wife was--
- Father Brennan: Go to the city of Megiddo... in the old city of Jezreel. There see the old man Bugenhagen. He alone can describe how the child must die.
- Robert Thorn: Look here--
- Father Brennan: He who will not be saved by the lamb will be torn by the beast!
- Robert Thorn: Will you stop? I'm here because you said my wife is in danger.
- Father Brennan: She is pregnant.
- Robert Thorn: You're mistaken. That's nonsense.
- Father Brennan: He'll not allow the child to be born. He will kill it while it slumbers in the womb.
- Robert Thorn: What in God's name are you talking about?
- Father Brennan: Your son, Mr. Thorn. The Son of the Devil. He will kill the unborn child. Then he will kill your wife. And then, when he is certain to inherit all that is yours, then, Mr. Thorn... he will kill you.
- Robert Thorn: That's enough.
- Father Brennan: And with your wealth and power he will esablish his counterfeit kingdom here on Earth, receiving his power directly from Satan!
- Robert Thorn: You're insane.
- Father Brennan: He must die Mr. Thorn!
- Robert Thorn: You asked for five minutes... and you've got five minutes.
- Father Brennan: Go to the city of Megiddo. See Bugenhagen before it's too late.
- Robert Thorn. Now I've heard you. I want you to hear me. I never want to see you again.
- Father Brennan: You'll see me in Hell, Mr. Thorn. There we will share out our sentence.
- Robert Thorn: (answering phone) Yes?
- Keith Jennings: I'm sorry to bother you, Ambassador Thorn.
- Robert Thorn: Who is this?
- Keith Jennings: My name is Keith Jennings, the photographer whose camera got smashed at the embassy. I wonder if it would be possible to have a word with you here at my flat?
- Robert Thorn: If this is about the camera--
- Keith Jennings: No, it's not about the camera. It's about you, Mr. Thorn. And the death of the priest.
- Robert Thorn: Go on.
- Keith Jennings: Look, I want know what he said. I have a right to know. Robert, I want to know what he said! Look, I'm not just some bystander. I was the one who found him!
- Robert Thorn: I'm the one who's supposed to kill him. These are knives. He wants me to stab him! He wants me to murder a child.
- Keith Jennings: It's not a child!
- Robert Thorn: He doesn't know that! Maybe he's wrong. He's not responsible. I won't do it! [Throws the knives into an alley]
- Keith Jennings: [Looks at Robert, then walks away] Then if you won't do it, I will.