The Passion of the Christ
Some people go through life trying to find out what the world holds for them only to find out too late that it's what they bring to the world that really counts. OR It's not what the world holds for you it's what you bring to itAnne Of Green Gables
- Satan: Do you really believe that one man can bear the full burden of sin?
- Jesus: Shelter me, O Lord, I trust in you. In you I take my refuge.
- Satan: No one man can carry this burden, I tell you. It is far too heavy. Saving their souls is too costly. No one. Ever. No. Never.
- Jesus: Father, you can do all things. If it is possible, let this chalice pass from me... But let your will be done, not mine.
- Satan: Who is your father? Who are you?
- Jesus: Judas... you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?
- Jesus: Forgive them, Father. They know not what they do.
- Jesus: Take this and drink. This is my blood, spilled for you and for many. Do this in memory of me.
- Judas: I have sinned, betrayed innocent blood. Take the money back! I don't want it!
- Caiphas: If you believe you have betrayed innocent blood that is your affair. Now, take the money... and go.
- Roman Soldier: We're looking for Jesus of Nazareth.
- Jesus: I am he.
- Caiphas: Tell us, are you the Messiah? The son of the living God?
- Jesus: I AM...
- Jesus: It is accomplished!
- Jesus: I am the good shepherd. I lay down my life for my sheep. No one takes my life from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have power to lay it down and the power to take it up again. This command is from my Father.
- Jesus: Peter. You could not watch even one hour with me?
- Caiphas: They say you're a king. Where is this kingdom of yours? What line of kings do you descend from? Speak up! You're just the son of some obscure carpenter, no? Some say you're Elijah, but he was carried off to Heaven in a chariot! Why don't you say something? You've been brought here as a blasphemer! What do you say to that? Defend yourself.
- Jesus: I have spoken openly to everyone. I've taught in the temple where we all gathered. Ask those who have heard what I have to say.
- Temple Guard: Is that how you address the high Priest? With arrogance?
[the temple guard strikes Jesus with authority]
- Jesus: If I have spoken evil, tell me what evil I have said. But if not, why do you hit me?
- Annas: Yes, we'll listen to those that have heard your blashpemies. Good! Let's hear them!
- Accuser: He cures the sick by magic! With the help of devils! I've seen it. He casts out devils, with the help of devils.
- Accuser: He calls himself the king of the Jews!
- Accuser: No, he calls himself the Son of God! He said he would destroy the temple and rebuild it in three days!
- Accuser: Worse! He claims he's the Bread of Life! And if we don't eat his flesh or drink his blood we won't inherit eternal life.
- Caiphas: Silence! You're all under this man's spell. Either offer proof of his wrongdoing or be quiet!
- Nicodemus: This entire proceeding is an outrage. All I've heard from these "witnesses" is mindless contradiction!
- Jesus: Forgive them father, they know not what they do
Jesus: My heart is ready, Father, my heart is ready.