The Phantom of the Opera (2004 film)
The Phantom of the Opera (2004) is a film based on the 1986 hit Broadway Musical by Andrew Lloyd-Webber and the book by Gaston Leroux, The Phantom of the Opera tells the story of an opera company being terrorized by the mysterious Phantom, a man who hides in the catacombs of the opera house because of his deformed face.
- Insolent boy! This slave of fashion, basking in your glory! Ignorant fool! This brave young suitor, sharing in my triumph!
- Flattering child you shall know me. See why in shadow I hide. Look at your face in the mirror… I am there inside!
- Wandering child, so lost, so helpless, yearning for my guidance.
- Too long you've wandered in winter far from my fathering gaze.
- Angel of Music, you denied me, turning from true beauty. Angel of Music, do not shun me. Come to your strange Angel.
- Now, let it be war upon you both!
- You will curse the day you did not do all that the Phantom asked of you!
- This face, which earned a mother's fear and loathing. A mask, my first unfeeling scrap of clothing...
- The world showed no compassion to me!
- You alone can make my song take flight. It's over now, the music of the night!
- Start a new life with me! Buy his freedom with your love! Refuse me and you'll send your lover to his death! This is the choice. This is the point of no return!
- You try my patience. Make your choice.
- So do you end your days with me or do you send him to his grave?
- Monsieur, I bid you welcome. Did you think that I would harm her? Why would I make her pay for the sins which are yours?
- You have come here for one purpose and one alone. Since the moment I first heard you sing I have needed you with me to serve me, to sing for my music. My music...
- Damn you! You little prying Pandora! You little demon! Is this what you wanted to see? Curse you! You little lying Delilah! You little viper! Now you cannot ever be free!
- Stranger than you dreamed it, can you even dare to look or bear to think of me?
- Pity comes too late! Turn around and face your fate: an eternity of this before your eyes...
- Down once more to the dungeons of my black despair, down we plunge to the prison of my mind. Down that path into darkness deep as hell!
- Why, you ask, was I bound and chained in this cold and dismal place? Not for any mortal sin but the wickedness of my abhorrent face!
- Hounded out by everyone. Met with hatred everywhere. No kind words from anyone, no compassion anywhere... Christine! Why? Why!
- His life is now the prize which you must earn.
- Too late for turning back, too late for prayers and useless pity...!
- Take him, forget me, forget all of this... Leave me alone. Forget all you've seen. Go now, don't let them find you.
- Christine, I love you...
- Fear can turn to love - you'll learn to see, to find the man behind the monster, this... repulsive carcass, who seems a beast, but secretly dreams of beauty. Secretly... secretly...
- I gave you my music... Made your song take wing... and now, how you've repaid me: denied me and betrayed me...
- Sing once again with me our strange duet. My power over you grows stronger yet.
- Let the dream begin, let your darker side give in to the power of the music that I write, the power of the music of the night.
- Sing, my angel of music!
- I am your angel of music. Come to me, angel of music...
- That fate which condemns me to wallow in blood has also denied me the joys of the flesh.
- Come, we must return. Those two fools who run my theatre will be missing you.
- Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the light you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be! Only then can you belong to me.
- Why so silent, good messieurs? Did you think that I have left you for good?
- You have come here in pursuit of your deepest urge, in pursuit of that wish, which 'til now has been silent, silent...
- Take the boat, swear to me never to tell the secret you know of the angel in hell.
- Perhaps it is you who are the toad.
- Our Don Juan must lose some weight. It's not healthy in a man of Piangi's age.
- Either way you choose, you cannot win.
- Father once spoke of an angel, I used to dream he'd appear
- Angel I hear you speak, I listen, stay by my side-guide me
- The phantom of the opera is here, inside my mind
- He's there, the phantom of the opera
- I remember there was mist...
- But his voice filled my spirit with a strange, sweet sound. In the night there was music in my mind, and through music my soul began, to soar. And I heard as I never heard before.
- Yet in his eyes all the sadness of the world, those pleading eyes that both threaten and adore
- All I want is freedom a world with no more night
- Passing bells and sculpted angels...cold and monumental. Seem for you the wrong companions-you were warm and gentle
- Angel of music, I denied you, turning from true beauty!
- Twisted every way, what answer can I give? Am I to risk my life to win the chance to live? Can I betray the man who once inspired my voice? Do I become his prey? Do I have any choice? He kills without a thought, he murders all that's good. I know I can't refuse, and yet, I wish I could. Oh god if I agree, what horrors wait for me in this, the Phantom's opera.
- No thoughts within her head but thoughts of joy, no dreams within her heart but dreams of love
- In my mind i have already imagined our bodies entwining, defenceless and silent...
- When will the flames at last consume us?
- This haunted face, holds no horror for me now. It's in your soul that the true distortion lies.
- Farewell my fallen idol and false friend
- Pitiful creature of darkness, what kind of life have you known? God give me courage to show you. You are not alone!
- Who was that shape in the shadows? Whose is the face in the mask?
- Angel, my soul was weak - forgive me. Enter at last, Master.
- I gave you my mind blindly...
- The tears I might have shed for your dark fate grow cold and turn to tears of hate!
- Angel of music, you deceived me...
- Your spirit and my voice in one combined
- Have you gorged yourself at last, in your lust for blood? Am I now to be prey to your lust for flesh?
- The Phantom of the Opera will kill and kill again!
- My God, who is this man who hunts to kill? I can't escape from him, I never will!
- In sleep he sang to me, in dreams he came.
- Those who have seen your face draw back in fear.
Raoul De Chagny
- Can it be? Can it be Christine?
- Little Lotte thought 'Am I fonder of dolls, or of goblins, or shoes...'
- Whose is that voice? Who is that in there?
- Christine spoke of an angel
- There is no phantom of the opera
- No more talk of darkness, forget these wide-eyed fears...
- Love me, that's all I ask of you
- Clearly Madame Giry, genius has turned to madness
- Christine! Whatever you may believe, this man, this thing is not your father!
- We have all been blind and yet the answer has been staring us in the face
- Christine, Christine don't think that i don't care, but every hope and every prayer rests on you now
- Christine forgive me please forgive me, i did it all for you and all for nothing
- Either way you choose he has to win
- Why make her lie to you to save me?
- I love her! Does that mean nothing? I love her! Show some compassion!
- For pity's sake, Christine, say no! Don't throw your life away for my sake!
- I fought so hard to free you...
- I have a letter from the opera ghost
- I hid him from the world and it's cruelities. He has known of nothing else of life since then except this opera house. It was his playground and now his artisic domain. He's a genius. He's an architect, a designer, a composer and a magician! A genius, monsieur!
- But remember-keep your hand at the level of your eyes
- Where in the world have you been hiding? Really you were perfect! I only wish I knew your secret...who is your great tutor?
- Who is this angel, this angel of music...?
- Yes, yes, but no! Because, I have not my costume for Act Three because somebody not finish it!! And...I hate my hat!
- You make my dress train too long!
- For the past three years these things do happen and do you stop them from happening? NO! And you two, you are as bad as him. "These things do happen." (grunts) Until you stop these things from happening, this thing does not happen! Ubaldo, andiamo, bring my doggy and my boxy!
- Get my doggy, bring my doggy, bye-bye!!!...Bye-bye, dancing girls, bye-bye!!
- Think of me, think of me fondly
When we've said goodbye
Remember me, once in a while
Please promise you'll try
When you find that once again
You long to take your heart back and be free...
- Why...Why are you spraying on my chin all the time, huh?
- I hate you!!!
- Where is he? Your precious patron where is he? I have your letter - a letter which I rather resent
- It's useless trying to appease me!
You're only saying this to please me!
- Serafimo, away with this pretence!
You cannot speak, but kiss me in my husband's absence
- Your part is silent, little toad!
- Ah Daaé! All they watch is your dancing!!
- Now, you see? Bye-bye, I'm really leaving!
- He love me, he love me! Love me, love me, love me!!!
- I hope, he's excited by dancing girls as your new managers. 'Cause I will not be singing!!!
- And that exceptional beauty? No relation, I trust...?
- Bad news on soprano scene – First Carlotta, now Christine!
Still, at least the seats get sold: Gossip’s worth its weight in gold ...
- To hell with Glück and Händel, have a scandal and you’re sure to have a hit!
- André, please don´t shout. It's publicity and the take is vast; free publicity!
- André, have you seen the queue? Oh, it seems you've got one too...
- Dear Firmin, just a brief reminder: My salary has not be paid! Send it care to the ghost, by return of post.
PTO: No one likes a debter, so it's better, if my orders are obeyed!
- And what is it that we're meant to have wrote?... Written!
- Gentlemen, I have now sent you several notes of the most amiable nature,
detailing how my theater is to be run...
- We are certain the doors are barred.
- We're ruined, André - ruined!
- Mosieur Reyer, isn't there a rather marvelous aria for Elissa in Act Three of "Hannibal"?
- Damnable! When they all walk out! This is damnable!
- He's mocking our position!
- Do not fear for Miss Daae. The Angel of Music has her under his wing. Make no attempt to see her again
- Your public needs you!
- Can you bow out when they're shouting your name?
- Scrap metal, actually.
- Gerard Butler - The Phantom
- Emmy Rossum - Christine Daaé
- Patrick Wilson - Raoul, Vicomte de Chagny
- Miranda Richardson - Madame Giry
- Minnie Driver - Carlotta Giudicelli
- Simon Callow - André
- Ciarán Hinds - Firmin
- Victor McGuire - Piangi
- Jennifer Ellison - Meg Giry
- Murray Melvin - Reyer
- Kevin McNally - Buquet
- James Fleet - Lefevre