Ideas can be life-changing. Sometimes all you need to open the door is just one more good idea.Jim Rohn
- Great! Now all I have to do is keep my self stinking drunk and no one will be able to tell the difference.
- Would I be the man in the box? Or the man in the prestige?
- If anybody really believed the things I did on stage, they wouldn't clap, they'd scream.
- You never understood… why we did this. The audience knows the truth. The world is simple, miserable, solid all the way through. But if you can fool them, even for a second… then you can make them wonder. And you get to see something very special. … You really don’t know. … It was the look on their faces.
- I don't care about my wife, I care about his secret
- He lives his act, don't you see?
- Are you watching closely?
- A real magician tries to invent something new, that other magicians are gonna scratch their heads over.
- It takes nothing to steal another man's work
- We were both Borden, and we were both Fallon
- [Referring to Angier] What does he need my secrets for? His trick is top-notch. He vanishes, and then he reappears instantly on the other side of the stage - mute, overweight, and unless I'm mistaken, very drunk. It's astonishing, how does he do it?
- The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
- So... we go alone now. Both of us. Only I don't have as far to go as you. Go. You were right, I should have left him to his damn trick. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for a lot of things. I'm sorry about Sarah. I didn't mean to hurt her... I didn't. You go and live your life in full now, all right? You live for both of us.
- You're familiar with the phrase "Man's reach exceeds his grasp"? It's a lie. Man's grasp exceeds his nerve. The only limits on scientific progress are those imposed by society. The first time I changed the world, I was hailed as a visionary. The second time I was asked politely to retire. The world only tolerates one change at a time. And so here I am. Enjoying my "retirement". Nothing is impossible, Mr. Angier, what you want is simply expensive. 
- [First & Last Lines] Every great magic trick consists of three parts or acts. The first part is called "The Pledge". The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course... it probably isn't. The second act is called "The Turn". The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back. That's why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call "The Prestige"." .
- Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it... because you're not really looking... You don't really want to know... You want to be fooled.
- I knew a sailor once, got tangled in the rigging. We pulled him out, but it took him five minutes to cough. He said it was like going home.
- I once told you about a sailor who described drowning to me, yes he said it was like going home; I lied, he said it was agony