The Princess Diaries
The Princess Diaries is a teen comedy released in August 2001 by Walt Disney Pictures, and based on the Meg Cabot book. In it, Anne Hathaway plays an ordinary girl who discovers her links to the royal family of the fictional land of Genovia.
- Tell me, how does my mother, or any person for that matter, go into a parent/teacher conference and come out with a date?
- Me? A...A princess? SHUT...UP!
- I can't be a princess! I'm waiting for the normal body parts to arrive!
- Just in case I wasn't enough of a freak already, let's add a tiara!
- Somebody sat on me again.
- No matter how many times you push that button, it will still go up and down the same way.
- This is a non-riot hearse! And if it were a hearse, there would be silence in the back seat!
- I have never worn pantyhose but it sounds very dangerous.
- [last lines] Princess, look out the window... And welcome to Genovia.
- Is your mom dating an undertaker?
- You know you look like Shaft?
- [to Michael and Mia] WAIT UP YOU GUYS! WAIT FOR ME! [two other students stop for her] No, not you, I don't even know you!
- I'm taking your charm off of my charm bracelet AND ITS GOING IN THE DIRT!!*
- I love your eyebrows. We'll call them Frida and Kahlo.
- If Brooke Shields married Groucho Marx, their child would have your eyebrows.
- Will the Feng Shui club please stop rearranging the tables on the lawn?
- Remember, virtual homework may not be submitted for actual credit.
- "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all. From now on you'll be traveling the road between who you think you are and who you can be. The key is to allow yourself to make the journey."
- -Princess Diaries -
- Queen Clarisse (upon first seeing Mia): You look so...young.
- Mia: Uh, thank you. And you look so... (Clarisse raises her eyebrows) clean.
- Mia: I can't do this, I'm a girl!
- Gym Teacher Harbula: What am I, a duck?
- Queen Clarisse: Where is she going?
- Helen: To the tower. Mia, you can't run away from everything!
- Queen Clarisse: She has a tower?
- Mia: Joe, can you drop us off a block from the school? I don't want to cause a riot with this hearse.
- Joe: This is a non-riot hearse. If it were a hearse, there would be silence in the backseat.
- Joe: This is betweeen a waltz and a tango.
- Mia: It's a wango?
- Mia: You broke my glasses!
- Paolo: You broke my brush.
- Joe: Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Mia: Eleanor Roosevelt said that.
- Michael: Why me?
- Mia: Because you saw me when I was invisible.
- Julie Andrews as Queen Clarisse Renaldi
- Anne Hathaway as Mia Thermopolis
- Hector Elizondo as Joe
- Heather Matarazzo as Lily Moscovitz
- Caroline Goodall as Helen Thermopolis
- Robert Schwartzman as Michael Moscovitz
- Sandra Oh as Vice-Principal Gupta