The Ring is a 2002 remake of the 1998 Japanese film Ring. The film tells the story of Rachel Keller as she investigates about a videotape that kills anyone who watches it seven days later. When Rachel watches the tape, she races with time to save herself from the dreadful consequences.
- Directed by Gore Verbinski.
- I think before you die, you see the ring...
- She wanted that child more than anything in the world. How could she have done that? She just wanted to be heard. Sometimes children yell, or cry... or draw pictures.
- She's in the dark place now.
- Don't you understand, Rachel? She never sleeps.
- What will we tell the others who watch it?
- 7 days.
- Here we go, the world is spinning. When it stops, it's just beginning. Sun comes up, we all laugh. Sun goes down, we all die...
- I love my mommy.
- Everyone will suffer.
- Katie: Becca, quit being a bitch.
- Ruth: I spent four hours on the internet and I couldn't find one single case of a 16-year-old girl's heart just stopping. I spoke to three different doctors and not one of them could tell me exactly what happened to my daughter.
- Noah: That was very student film.
- Richard Morgan: What is it with reporters? You take one person's tragedy and force the world to experience it... spread it like sickness
- Anna Morgan: All I ever wanted was you.
- Katie: Did you know that millions of radio waves are passing through our brains every minutes that it makes our brain molecules unstable. Television companies know but doesn't do a thing about it.
- Becca: This is more weird. Have you heard of a videotape. You start to play it and it's like somebody's nightmare. Then, there's a woman smiling at you. Then, when the tape's over, the phone rings. As if somebody knows you watched it and it says "seven days" then seven days later…
- Teacher: Yes I know but these pictures.
- Rachel: Are Aidan's way of working it out. He'll be okay.
- Teacher: [referring to Katie] You said that she died 3 days ago?
- Rachel: Yes.
- Teacher: Aidan drew these last week.
- Rachel: Would you say that I'm gullible?
- Noah: No.
- Rachel: Easily rattled?
- Noah: Definitely not. I mean, you're a little highly strung maybe.
- Rachel: He watched the tape.
- Noah: Who? who watched it?
- Rachel: Our son
- Rachel: Honey, the house you drew for me...
- Aidan: Uh huh.
- Rachel: Where did you see it? Did you see it in your head? Is that why you drew it?
- Aidan: In my head?
- Rachel: Aidan, why did you draw that house?
- Aidan: 'Cause she told me to.
- Rachel: Who? Who told you to?
- Aidan: The little girl.
- Rachel: She talks to you?
- Aidan: No, she shows me things.
- Rachel: Did she show you the horses?
- Aidan: She doesn't like it in the barn. The horses keep her up at night.
- Rachel: So she still lives there?
- Aidan: No, she lives in a dark place now.
- Dr. Grasnik: See, when you live on an island you catch a cold, it's everybody's cold.
- Rachel: No offense, ma'am, but what the hell does that mean?
- Dr. Grasnik: It means ever since that girl's been gone, things have been better.
- Library Clerk: 1978. Man, we're really going back in time, here.
- Noah: Yeah, lady at reception said it should still be here.
- Library Clerk: Should be. You say you're the patient's father, right?
- Noah: Yep, Richard Morgan, that's me.
- Library Clerk: What is your secret?
- Noah: Diet and exercise, man.
- Library Clerk: No shit.
- Noah: Yeah, that's all it takes.
- Library Clerk: You know, I'm not an idiot. You try and walk out of here with my file, and I'll be on you like white on rice, you understand?
- Rachel: What did you do to her? She was your daughter! You killed Samara, didn't you? You killed her and when your wife found out...
- Richard Morgan: My wife was not supposed to have a child!
- Noah: I can't imagine being stuck down a well all alone like that. How long could you survive?
- Rachel: Seven days.
- Aidan: What happened to the girl?
- Rachel: Samara?
- Aidan: Is that her name?
- Rachel: Mm-hmm.
- Aidan: Is she still in the dark place?
- Rachel: No. We set her free.
- Aidan: You helped her?
- Rachel: Yeah.
- Aidan: Why did you do that?
- Rachel: What's wrong, honey?
- Aidan: You weren't supposed to help her.
- Dr. Scott: You don't want to hurt anyone.
- Samara Morgan: But I do, and I'm sorry. It won't stop.
- Before you die, you see…the ring.
- In the well, no one will see...
- Everyone will suffer!
- Did she show you the horses?
- Naomi Watts - Rachel Keller
- Martin Henderson - Noah Clay
- David Dorfman - Aidan Keller
- Brian Cox - Richard Morgan
- Jane Alexander - Dr. Grasnik
- Lindsay Frost - Ruth Embry
- Amber Tamblyn - Katie Embry
- Rachael Bella - Becca Kotler
- Daveigh Chase - Samara Morgan
- Shannon Cochran - Anna Morgan