The War of the Worlds (1953 film)
I love fools experiments. I am always making them.Charles Darwin
- For the 1988–1990 TV series, see War of the Worlds.
- [Three local men approach the Martian spaceship, only to be distintegrated after offering greetings.]
- Wash Perry: Hey! Open up!
- Ogilvy: Come on out! We're friends.
- Salvatore: That's right. We're friends. We welcome you. We're friends, yeah?
- Sheriff Bogany: What is that gizmo?
- Forrester: I think that gizmo is a machine from another planet.
- Bogany: Better get word to the authorities. Look!
- [They see the second cylinder fall.]
- Forrester: Sheriff, you better get word to the military. You're gonna need them out here.
- [Col. Heffner's last words before being disintegrated.]
- Col. Heffner: Dr. Forrester, get out of here! Everybody out of here! Everybody out—
- Gen. Mann: They'll probably move at dawn.
- General Mann: According to intelligence from other nations, they're working toward some kind of plan. Now, what it may be isn't clear yet, simply because once they begin to move, no more news comes out of that area.
- Sylvia: They seem to murder anything that moves.
- Forrester: If they're mortal, they must have mortal weaknesses. They will be stopped, somehow.