The World's Fastest Indian
The World's Fastest Indian is a 2005 film that tells the life story of New Zealander Burt Munro, who spent years building a 1920 Indian motorcycle -- a bike which helped him set the land-speed world record at Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats in 1967.
- Directed and written by Roger Donaldson.
- Invercargill, I-N-V-E-R-C-A-R-G-I-L-L. Sometimes I spell it with one 'L' to save ink.
- If you don't follow your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable.
- If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone.
- Tom: Why do you pee on your lemon tree?
- Fran: [to a staring crowd] What are you looking at? Dirty old men need love too!
- Antarctic Angel: I don't think so, granddad!
- Burt Munro: Well, why don't you put your money where your mouth is?
- Tom: Aren't you scared you'll kill yourself if you crash?
- Burt Munro: No... You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime.
- [Burt starts to mount his bike, but stops]
- Burt Munro: I can't get my leg in because of the asbestos cloth on it.
- [gets off]
- Burt Munro: Let me take it off.
- Rolly: Well, what about your leg and the heat?
- Burt Munro: Screw it. I've got a spare one.
- [the motorcycle gang comes to see off Burt]
- Antarctic Angel: Good luck, mate. Show 'em Kiwis can fly too, eh?
- Burt Munro: Right. I'll bring you back the Statue of Liberty!
- Based On One Hell Of A True Story
- The extraordinary true adventure of Burt Munro from Down Under
- Anthony Hopkins - Burt Munro
- Iain Rea - George
- Tessa Mitchell - Sarah
- Aaron Murphy - Tom
- Tim Shadbolt - Frank
- Annie Whittle - Fran
- Greg Johnson - Duncan
- Antony Starr - Jeff
- Kate Sullivan - Doris
- Craig Hall - Antarctic Angel